What's new

S3 savage8

jumanji

Hello...

Will there be any support for the S3 savage8 grafikchip in PJ64?

I've tried to run Pj64 + sevicepack1 on a MSI KM2M motherboard and it was running better then i first hoped for... Only a few graphical buggs (text were black on screen, and thouse flying objekts i Korikiforest was just plain dots. The sky was not 100% ok either by the way.) but other than that it was looking ok...

see ya!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
You may be a prime subject for a Glide64+Evoodoo combo instead.

I have an old S3 card in my work comp, or at least used to, and that plugin/wrapper setup was always much better then anything else for me.

OP
J

jumanji

LazerTag said:
You may be a prime subject for a Glide64+Evoodoo combo instead.

I have an old S3 card in my work comp, or at least used to, and that plugin/wrapper setup was always much better then anything else for me.

I've tried that, but i got more bugs when i used the Glide4+Evoodoo. ...witch is strange when most people get it to work better with those drivers...

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I should have noted that when I used to have that setup was sometime last summer. So if you have only tried Glide64+Evoodoo setup with current versions you may try digging up some older ones. I had used Evoodoo 3.2 and Glide64 v.0.253 (I think).

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I have a Rage 128, which is similar to the S3 Savage, and with the new beta of eVoodoo (3.99) OR the newer versions of Glide64 (anything past 3.1WIP,) major graphics bugs arose. I would strongly suggest this:

eVoodoo 3.25 - Make sure "alternate Z-Buffer" is turned off (in the evoodoo config, I think it's off by default.
Glide64 3.1WIP - Make sure the buffer is set to "W-Buffer" where it currently says "Z-Buffer" (in the plugin options.)

I strongly believe that's the best setup for Rage 128 & Savage users.

Anton

I like beer
btw - why savage still not supported by pj?
I still have this card on my home pc (to lazy to upgrade.. :) )
pj hangs everytime (known issue, I know)
glide+evoodoo = fps dies SERIOUSLY... on celeron 533, 128 RAM
Conker - unplayable (glide64 issue) (graphics sucks)
Zelda MM - 8-12 fps
Zelda OoT - 8-15 fps
etc... etc...

What's so special with savage?
Ultra runs fine on it, corn runs fine, even nemu - (mario ok.. :) )

In two words - I WANT TO PLAY CONKER on Savage4 16 mb!
Impossible? Why?

I finished first, then TRANSLATED to russian (and tested translation) Zelda OoT on ultra1.0 + savage = success.

Any plugin for PJ/1964 with old cards (i.e. savage) support? Please.

Sometimes I need to test some translated graphics on PJ (like bosses names) - possible, but fps dies....

WHY?
What's so special with savage? It's old, but I can play n64 emus on it. Why I can't play PJ fine?

Sorry for my screams... :) Really too lazy to upgrade video card, but...
But I still try to run PJ on savage with appropriate speed - no success. Tweakers doesn't help at all, too.

gandalf

Member ready to help
SAvage ar very bad graphics card for Jabo´s video plug-in and others.And that celeron,it´s slow for PJ64,Nemu works nice,and Corn it´s very fast,it´s need an PII 200 MhZ to run mario 64 at good speed

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You see, the savage card is bad; not powerful at all, and slow. Hence why it isn't quite supported. And it probably never will due to that it's so out-of-date today. See any new games on the market, do they work with savage? Hmm, I think very slow if at all.

And why are the games so slow? Because your computer is _WAY_ below minimum specs. Simple as that,

Anton

I like beer
"Because your computer is _WAY_ below minimum specs. Simple as that"
Oh, yeah.
But.... not really below. If not PJ...
As for new games - yes. Didn't tried doom3 alpha, unreal2, etc on savage - don't even want to spent my time for that :).
But why I'm screaming... because of Conker!
I know the problem. But I still have savage :p

Really - that was just a drunk screaming :)

As for Conker - anybody have save state just after zombies, in dracula house (beginning) ?
My office's HDD (a second one, with games, tons of mp3's and other stuff...) is dead couple weeks ago... with all save states from Conker, too.
So I'm crying...
Please, If someone has this save state - u/l it somewhere & give me a link... plz...
I can't start all this game from the beginning.... :(
That's why I'm angry for savage!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Use the unlock all cheapters cheat and pick the chapter to begin with ín the start of the game; you won't lose that much by doing it. Just don't cheat ahead ;)

OP
J

jumanji

nephalim said:
eVoodoo 3.25 - Make sure "alternate Z-Buffer" is turned off (in the evoodoo config, I think it's off by default.
Glide64 3.1WIP - Make sure the buffer is set to "W-Buffer" where it currently says "Z-Buffer" (in the plugin options.)

eVoodoo 3.25 i can find but where do i find Glide64 3.1wip?