What's new

Need help with Paper Mario

dyerseve

I have the flicker problem with Paper Mario and have done a search for other posts about it, but none of them really helped me. I downloaded Glide64 and eVoodoo (latest versions as far as I can tell, got them from the websites) and all I get is a black screen most of the time (plus it won't go fullscreen). The counter factor is already at 1 also.

So are there any specific versions of Glide64 and eVoodoo that you know work together? And where do I put each file from the .zips? (I think they are in the right place but not sure)

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Have you tried the last version of the Rice's plugin? You can try running Paper Mario with it, setting the Fame Update to "first CI change" (not CI change).

Clements

1. Get eVoodoo 3.99 from:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=14284

2. Extract and put the files 'eVoodoo.cpl' and 'Glide3x.dll' in the system32 directory of Windows.

3. Put Glide64.dll in the Plugin folder of your emulator.

4. Change the buffer swap to hybrid and load Paper Mario

Should work. If it doesn't use Rice's Daedalus 5.1.0d with 'At the first CI change' selected in the frame update box.

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
i have another problem with paper mario, when i try to play after this one battle i level up and the game freezes at the level up screen, does this have to do with cheats???

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
dyerseve: before putting those into your system folder, i recommend deleting the old file in the emu folder or it won't work.
AzNStYleZ: Yes, it's cheat releated, and if I remember correctly, it hangs because you have too much badge points.

OP
D

dyerseve

Ok, I can see the game with Glide64 now, but I can't see any text when the characters are talking. If I use Rice's Daedalus plugin, the "Frame Update At" box is greyed out.

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Thats what i thought doom cuz the badge point upgrade probably would be bugged even if it showed up, thx for the help

OP
D

dyerseve

Ok, I finally got it working decently :) I found out that only certain dialogues don't show the text with Glide64, most of them work ok (and if they don't I just save the game and switch to a different plugin temporarily). There were also a few weird gamma changes occasionally when I first started using Glide64 but I haven't seen them since. Rice's Daedalus fixes the flashing too but has alot more graphical bugs than Glide64.

One more thing though: I just got to the part where the star shows Mario how to use the "action buttons" and I can almost never get the action button that makes Mario pull down his hat and avoid being hit to work, even when I hit the A key exactly when the helper graphic thing tells me to.. this probably isn't plugin related because I can get the hammer/jump ones to work :huh: