What's new

wwf no mercy freeze up

I just got a 33mb wwf no mercy rom. I also downloaded project 64 1.5 and followed the help guide. My problem is that the emu runs my rom it just freezes the entire pc about 6 moves after the match starts. It also freezes before morrowind starts. I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with my system or project 64 settings. Thanks for any help.

a noob

Knuckles

Just go in is profile, everything is here:

Operating System windows 98se
CPU amd duron 1.3ghz
Video Card geforce 2 mx400 agp4x
Sound Card onboard audio ac97
Memory 384mb sdram

You can always try another plugin or Emu.

- Does the same happen when you are using Rice's GFX plugin?
- Does the same happen when you are using 1964?
- Does the same happen when you use another input plugin (for example basic input plugin)?

OP
I

immortal86

Banned
yeah it freezes on nearly everything

ok so my problem is I spent 50 bucks on a geforce 2 to replace my sis card and now the system seems to freeze with every n64 emu. EPSXE works great and it works with a gameshark(pec) but the n64 emu just freezes with no mercy. It also freezes with morrowind before the game starts. Sometimes it doesn't even make it to the 3d engine. Maybe it's an irq problem or something. I just don't know how to fix those. Thanks for any help

Yogi

wwf no mercy also freezes up my pc.

Sys specs:
Win98Se
Athlon 1.2Ghz
512mb sdram
Hercules 8500LE (Catalyst 3.4)
Sblive 5.1

gpu plugin: jabo's direct3d6 1.51
sound plugin: jabo's directsound 1.5
Input plugin: N-Rage's 1.82a

OP
I

immortal86

Banned
naw it says it's not a valid n64 image. How do I fix this problem? Or where can I get a good no mercy rom at. Thanks again.

Trotterwatch

immortal86 said:
naw it says it's not a valid n64 image. How do I fix this problem? Or where can I get a good no mercy rom at. Thanks again.
No rom requests - the rules are there for you to see when you sign up for these boards.

Yogi

I'm playing it again and this time there's this error message:

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 800EFFFF
Unknown 49 10 23 D4

Stoping Emulation !

It seems you are using an old version of PJ64. Download PJ64 1.5 and download service pack 1 (for minor fixes) from the ET downloads-section and it will work.

Yogi

I'm using the latest, everything updated.

Anyway, latest project64 is already dated 29 Aug 2002 and SP1 only updates cht,rbd,chms files.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the rdb can fix almost anything (i don't mean it can fix everything, i mean it can fix almost any *kind* of problem.. from crashes to graphics problems). but i don't think this game was in the changes. er you say it's your PC freezing.. that means some kind of driver problem i think, but ah win98, you never know.

Yogi

The emulator just gave the error message and stop emulating.

Ah....well, guess i shouldn't be playing no mercy then.