What's new

Best Settings/Plugins for Smash Brothers?

Krule2k

I'm attempting to play smash brothers on PJ64.

I can't seem to get a good configuration going for non-choppy sound/non choppy video.

What do you all suggest for plugins/settings to get this going.

I _REALLY_ appreciate it, this game kicks!

Recommended configuration for super smash bros:

Emulator: 1964 0.8.5 (25 % better performance).
GFX: Jabo's d3d 1.30 ( included in PJ64 1.3 ).
Sound: Azimer's audio 0.13b or 0.30 <old driver>.
Input: Your choice.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You do know that the best way to get the best gfx is to test which one works best. Without saying a specific one, but...Jabo's, Glide64 and Rice's is the most popular ones. Another good (but not as good as these afaik) is icepir's.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I'm going to agree with Doomulation on this one, I usually use Glide64+Evoodoo because it fixes various Jabo graphical errors, like Link's bomb being flat, as well as the shields being flat. The only thing I can't get to go away is the black block around the out of screen indicators, which Jabo's plugin does fix with certain advanced settings. So it's really a matter of what you find more important, black boxes, or flat bombs/shields. Either Jabo's or Glide64 have my vote.

scotty

The Great One
Super Smash Brothers is best has the MightyRocket says, I agree with him, although I still do not know where to find Azimer's audio .13b

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I could have sworn it was either in there to begin with, or is in the download section of emutalk, AFAIK (my first use!)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Jimbot said:
I could have sworn it was either in there to begin with, or is in the download section of emutalk, AFAIK (my first use!)
Well, it isn't in the download section now.