What's new

Problems with Service Pack 1

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hej everyone, I have some problems with the Service Pack 1 for PJ64 I just installed. First of all, when I push start, it takes some 2 seconds before the menu comes up. The "pausing" still makes problems, but it didnt do that back when I used the cheats. When I mark the cheat "Subscreen Delay Fix" then the menu comes up much quicker, but with some graphics problems. Thats the first screenshot. But I have another problem. :baaa:

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
My second problem is, that not all textures are right. Take a look at this pic and tell me if you have an idea how to fix.

Clements

If you are using the (E) rom, either switch to the (U) rom or change the counter factor to 1 to remove most of the delay (can slow the game down on slower computers.)

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Sorry Clements. But what is the counter factor? And where can I change it to one?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
1st problem, wish i could understand you better, but i think it's covered in the GameFAQ
2nd problem, i can't replicate

Clements

Talas said:
Sorry Clements. But what is the counter factor? And where can I change it to one?

Right click your rom, click edit game settings. You can change the counter factor there.

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
I´ve tried the counter factor. It doesnt slow down, but problems are still there.

@Smiff

As for the 1st problem. What is it you dont understand? The delay is gone, but there is a graphics error now. You can see it on the screen shot. I was asking whether one could remove it (the problem).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i guess i just assumed you would read the GameFAQ when told to by the browser before posting.

Last edited:
OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hej, no need to get so rude. :) Sorry, I thought you were not sure whether it was in the GameFAQ, thats why I asked. I will look now.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well f**k, if everyone asked BEFORE looking, what would be the f**king point?

You aren't being more stupid than loads of other people, so don't take too much offense.

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
You wrote:
i think it's covered in the GameFAQ
So you were not sure. Anyway, I am not offended and the issue was indeed in the Game FAQ. Thx guys. However, the problem with the yellow floor remains. Anyone an idea?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
jesus, you really want a fight? I wasn't sure because:

"The "pausing" still makes problems, but it didnt do that back when I used the cheats."

is really sh*te english, not because i don't know what i wrote in the help files.

Again, no offense, we're getting on great here, actually i'm warming to you :)

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
:) Yea, I know it was pretty sh*tty english. I wasnt paying attention, to be honest I have something else on my mind right now.

Yup, I am warming to you too baby. :happy: Nah, just kiddin, I like almost everybody on this Forum. (Except Alphawolf maybe. :baaa: )

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Yellow floor suggestion: use Jabo's 1.5. 1.5.1 probably has issues with your GFX card. Try updating/reinstalling the gfx card drivers & directx, if you want. You should always have the latest drivers, no matter what.