What's new

Tooie locks my computer.

imafreewoman

Evening.

Having messed around with my PJ64 settings and caused chaos I've finally got it up and working again (see post 'kernel32 error').

However, Tooie still won't run. Its a 'good' rom. As soon as the big nintendo N comes up it freezes my entire computer so that I can't even do a ctrl+alt+del shutdown.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do. I've got the current PJ64 v1.5 with whatever plug ins came with it. Are there any others that I need to d/l?

I'd be greatful for an ABC of what settings I need to use, I'm new to emulation (but not afraid to ask!).
Thanks,

Sam

Allnatural

Since the game should work quite well at default settings, it's likely a system related problem. I'm leaning towards your Savage video hardware. Drivers and DirectX updated? You could try a different video plugin, either an older version of Jabo's or the Glide64 + eVoodoo combo.

OP
I

imafreewoman

Well I'm definatly going to have to change my graphics card. Something has gone horribly wrong.

Windows now doesn't recognise the drivers and won't boot past the ME screen. I'Ve had to borrow my daughters PII to try and re download them as on my computer I can't go online in safe mode (which is all I'm getting on my pc). Prob is her floppy's not working so I guess I'll give up and get myself a new gfx card.

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Trotterwatch

A while back I remember reading a fix for Savage cards that involved changing something to do with the AGP bus using a certain tweak utility - I know I didn't dream this up, anyone any ideas about it?

I searched the forums and couldn't really find any mentions of the utility.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
Perhaps it was to disable AGP Texture Acceleration? That's an option that can be changed using dxdiag under the Display tab.