What's new

Forsaken 64

RetZ

What emulator(s) is recommended to get Forsaken 64 (U) to run properly?

When emulating using Project64 v1.5, the game runs too darn fast (70–200 FPS without “Limit FPS”, 59 FPS with), causing the background music and sound effects to stutter very unpleasantly.

UltraHLE Alpha, on the other hand, refuses to open the ROM file at all.

When it comes to the ROM file itself, I’ve verified it using GoodN64.

Maybe there’s some Forsaken players out there who can help me?

Trotterwatch

When emulating using Project64 v1.5, the game runs too darn fast (70–200 FPS without “Limit FPS”, 59 FPS with)

I may be missing something here, but if it runs at 59FPS with Limit FPS checked then the game should be perfect (as long as it is emulated correctly).

OP
R

RetZ

59 FPS

Originally posted by Trotterwatch
I may be missing something here, but if it runs at 59FPS with Limit FPS checked then the game should be perfect (as long as it is emulated correctly).
Nope, it isn’t – the music plays much faster than usual, and (sort of) “compensatively” stutters (a bit like when you fast forward on your CD player).

That said, further testing shows that “Limit FPS” makes the game run too slow during some more of the more complicated sequences – although the framerate only jumps now and then, it mostly stays at ~59 FPS.

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Re: 59 FPS

RetZ said:

Nope, it isn’t – the music plays much faster than usual, and (sort of) “compensatively” stutters (a bit like when you fast forward on your CD player).

That said, further testing shows that “Limit FPS” makes the game run too slow during some more of the more complicated sequences – although the framerate only jumps now and then, it mostly stays at ~59 FPS.

Probably required to change the counter factor.

The wrong counter factor setting
was possibly selected in the default configuration.