What's new

Won't Start Anymore

PurpleHayes

ok, I downloaded it, it worked fantastically, then out of the blue, it stopped loading...Not sure what happened here.

Project64.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any idea what could have caused this?

I have the error report attached...

Clements

OK, this happened to me, and sort of fixed it, I hope this works for you.

Reinstall PJ64 1.5. Before you load up PJ64, take Jabo's D3D6 1.5 out of the plugin folder. I believe this is the root of the problem, you can't use the plugin anymore. Replace it with Jabo's D3D7 1.40 that comes with PJ64 1.4. Fingers crossed, PJ64 should load up.

I even re-added the plugin to my now working PJ64 to see what would happen. The error re-appeared. I removed the plugin. The error dissapeared again, so that has to be the cause.

I have no real idea what's causing the problem, but more and more people are having the problem, so I'm blaming DX 9.0 not liking the plugin for now. I'm hoping someone can pick up the plugin and sort this bug out.

OP
P

PurpleHayes

Well, I got it to work!!!

Thanks a lot. You can also use the dll from 1.3, but the gfraphics are not as good. I couldn't tell you why it stop working. It ran for a couple of days just fine and then started giving me that message. hmmmm It seemed to of happened after I updated my XP. Leave it to MS to mess up a good thing!

OP
P

PurpleHayes

BUGS SUCK!!!

Ok, I got the 1.5 working again using the graphics plug-in from 1.4 (and 1.3 plug-in also works, but the graphics are not as good). My question is...

It worked all day long with the original 1.5 configuration, then it started giving me the problem about needing to close because it encountered a problem, so I am pretty sure that something changed in my XP and not the emulation program...

The 1.4 plug-in works great on everything but Road Rash, where the horizon is set too low now and cuts everyones head off and you can't see what is coming. It worked great under the original configuration.

So, does anyone know what changed to keep me from running the original configuration?