What's new

anistropic filtering?

adi

get out of my house
Heylo,
I have a geforce2 mx which I thought supported the afformentioned feature. Its greyed out in my options though, so will I need to upgrade to make use of it? Is it worth it?

Triz

well...

Anisotropic filtering is the best form of filtering for Nvidia cards next to 64 tap Anisotropic filtering in Geforce3+ cards

gokuss4

Meh...
well i played n64 emulation on my older bro's laptop and he has 256mb ram 900 pentium 3 and a geforce 2 32mb GO which has anistrophic filtering, but yeah a geforce 3 hs that i think even though i never really played on a geforce 3 system :(

b-boy_fuj

It doesnt mean u have to wait for a driver. It might be greyed out because u dont have the newest driver. Download up-to-date driver and it should work.

N-Rage

Johnny_Rico said:
That means I have to wait for a new nVIDIA driver?

maybe u should try others? Nvidia just cares if their drivers run on their last product (GF3), so older drivers may be better than newer.

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
But PJ64 wants the newest drivers, don't it?

What is anistropic filtering anyway, what does it do to the graphics?

Reznor007

Anisotropic filtering blends texels from the current texel and filters it in a very nice way. Better than trilinear filtering.

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
I know for sure that anistropic filtering works well in my Max Payne, and on PJ64 it doesn't.

Why is it?

P.S
PJ64 demand the newest drivers, don't it?

OP
adi

adi

get out of my house
Um, all I wanted to knlow if it was compatible with my geforce2mx. I've got the latest drivers BTW so is it a hardware deficiency or a driver one?

N-Rage

the card supports it, the drivers support it, but if u ask the drivers for capilities it doesnt shows up. Thats how i understood it.

And no, newest drivers arent necessery the best( specially not for 'older' Cards like the GF2 ).

I can remember when i had a TNT2 and each new driver just make everything run worse. They just care for the newest Chipset to keep on top on Benchmarks( which belong to R8500 anyway :devil: )

Zoomer

Me too

I have a GeForce 2 MX card that supports anistropic filtering and this option is greyed out in Project 64. Within my GF2 settings it even says that anistropic filtering is enabled. I think it's a PJ64 bug or maybe you need a really high end card.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Anyone find a fix for this, my friend has a non-nVidia card and he can select it. Most likly a driver thing I think.

Triz

yea it happens to me to

but you can just select anisotropic filtering through the Nvmax or Nvidia OEM contral panel in the display settings and it will have the same effect, with these new Detonator Drivers 23.11 and basically the 23+ series this problem is present but in the lower det series 22.80- and below you can select anisotropic filtering i've tested this on my setup :cool:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Re: Me too

Zoomer said:
I have a GeForce 2 MX card that supports anistropic filtering and this option is greyed out in Project 64. Within my GF2 settings it even says that anistropic filtering is enabled. I think it's a PJ64 bug or maybe you need a really high end card.

um i pretty much could have quoted anyone but i wanted to say that i had that option before i updated to nivida driver 23.11 i had 21. 83 i still have it if anyone wants it, cause apprently 23.11 is pretty much for geforce 3 users , and i have a geforce 2 gts 32 mb i didnt reinstall the older driver cause i wasnt to sure what would happen

gokuss4

Meh...
well i guess my bro has anistrophic filtering on his geforce 2 32mb GO card is probably because he searches for updates every sdingle week :) and so do i :colgate: but his computer is a lot slower than mine he has a p3 900mhz and i have an amd athlon 900mhz i never really knew that amd was THAT much faster than pentium and i just found out by goin on his laptop secretly when he was at work shhhhh.... dont tell, shhhhh...... :D! but uhh yeah even though my bro does have a geforce 2 32mb Go it does has anistrophic filtering and everything on PJ64 1.4. the n64 emulation looks great too like or better than the N64 :colgate:!