What's new

Neverending Code

MDM

Hello to all, I'm a newbie here.
Never had problems with pj64 til now, and it's ok, but something bad happened.....
I'm playing Zelda - Majora's Mask, and it goes fine, except it slows down a little when a new day starts, or I use the lens of truth in particular places, but that's not what I want to solve, these problems don't bother me.
The problem comes with a code ( why, why, why did I use that...that...that...stupid....code.....why......:cry: )
The code I used is "No collisions", and it works great, very great, so great that even if I turn it off, the effect still remains :plain:
I removed it from the list, I deleted it, I restarted, I disabled the option to remember last used codes when restarting, I even had a mission into saved files with a hex editor to try changing back to original value....but all in vain....I'm there....running with Goron Link and I can't destroy crates, running all around town, without a matter in my life :cry:

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Please someone help me, I can't finish the game if I can't have collisions :cry:

Hope to have an answer soon, tia

MDM

OP
M

MDM

Hey, that was fast :)

Uhm....actually, I don't really know which file is the right one, i have a pj.zip and a .fla.
I attached the .fla now with this post, if it helps you, but the other file is 3.28MB, so, let me know, if it's the right one, or I'll eventually e-mail the zip or something else.

Thanks again, didn't expect a so quick answer :)

MDM

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
thats not showing anything for me im afraid so the .pj would be better for me.

You can mail it to me

Gent

Administrator
Ok Real bad News MDM ive tried everything possible searching, forcing etc and nothing will change it back.

sooooo in light of this i will be pulling that code from the next cheat file that is released.

Real Sorry about that :(

OP
M

MDM

Yeah...well.....right...thanks for trying anyway.
I was thinking about something though...if I could somehow manage to know how game shark codes work...I mean, I've been running through the rom's hex for 1 hour, trying to understand where 80175blablabla is having place....
Now...maybe I wasn't clear, but I think you got what I'm trying to do.
Restarting the game from beginning doesn't exist, so this is the only way I want to try before drastic solutions.
Let's see what I can do....

Thanks again for trying to help me, I will try my bst, and I hope someone can help me with my Mission Impossible :emutalk:

MDM

Gent

Administrator
MDM said:
Now...maybe I wasn't clear, but I think you got what I'm trying to do.
Restarting the game from beginning doesn't exist, so this is the only way I want to try before drastic solutions.
Let's see what I can do....
Thanks again for trying to help me, I will try my bst, and I hope someone can help me with my Mission Impossible :emutalk:
MDM

well you see it is just that impossible.

Your only soluition is actually to start again and not use that code plain and simple.

you had the code on and saved thats unfortunatly the end of the story.

this isnt like a have 99 lives, 100 coins mod here.

you can not change the value to make it less than what it is.

that code is a specific "Walkthrough" Deal and it does just that it is non reversible, if it was a possibility please belive me you would now have a save without it.

but by all means continue to look through a Hex Editor and what not :)

anyway May 16th, 2003 05:34 time for me to do what i was about to before i read your post.
night

OP
M

MDM

Good night :)

BTW There must be a way...I mean...damn, actually I have changed hex codes for snes games, the save states must record these things.....I'm pretty sure that if we have a "No Collisions" code, there is a "Collisions" code.
I'm saying this, because I did this, with a Snes9x game. I twas BOF i guess or one of the series.
I saved a code, couldn't revert it, I changed back to the original value for that change, using a hex editor on the save state.
We are in the year 2003, we have computers, we have cars, we have missiles, almost spaceships, then there must be a way to revert that damn code! :n64:
I won't have peace til I find a way to solve this, because I will restart the game only if I have a certificate that says "what you want to do is 100% impossible to do" .
AAAHHHH I feel charged!!!!!

I'll let you know how it goes :)

MDM

Gent

Administrator
:plain:

You know if ever a saying was correct its is:
You Can't put an Old Head on Young Shoulders.........

Although now when i think of it, thats just a manky thought :huh:

Now im gonna be thinking of jimmy Cranky all bloody Day :cry: