What's new

Resident Evil 2 help

liquidgold

i have been perusing this forum for a while, trying to figure out how to get Resident Evil 2 to work for Project 64. I am using an updated version 1.5 with the unofficial RSP and Rice's video plugin. All i get when i start the rom is black screen. Can anyone help me start the rom. i understand that the opening video probably won't play, but how do you get to the start screen?
i appreciate any and all help!

ShinjiIkari

I don't like titles
I am getting the rom from a friend right now, once I get it done I will attempt to help you :(

EDIT:

Try this file, it will at very least update your list...

Last edited:

ShinjiIkari

I don't like titles
I don't know what to tell you except that it seems to at least open on my computer... sorry i cant help more :doh:

OP
L

liquidgold

i have tried to follow the directions exactly on the link to get it to work, but i still get just black screen. the fps is running, but i see nothing. i downloaded the rom from a good site and it supposedly is complete (!). any further ideas?

vyder

1. what is the size of the rom? (ie. how many mb's?)
2. did u try running good rom on the rom?
if not get the utilities good rom, good windows (which is the front end gui for good rom) and the bin.zip file :).

3. did u download those files that were posted by clements in that thread that i gave u? use those files that were posted by clements.

OP
L

liquidgold

ok, well, i got the game to work using the jabo's direct3D6 1.5 with the azimer's audio v0.40 beta 2 using settings i found on the board. the problem is there is lots of flickering. will the unofficial daedulus or rice's daedulus fix this? or do i need some other settings to fix the flickering? thanks!

vyder

you still have not answered my questions.

in the post that i gave you, it states the problems with using different video plugins.

did u download the plugins that were posted in that thread? jabo will flicker...read the post _thoroughly_

then get back to me.

OP
L

liquidgold

yes, i did download all the programs through the link. that was how i got re2 to run. i thought somewhere i read how to set up the daedulus plugin for the game, but i cannot seem to find it. i know it is supposed to run better through the game than jabo's plugin. do you know the settings i would need? i have tried to set that up but all i get is the black screen again.

1) Use 1964 0.8.5 (25 % faster and less flickering)
2) For me Jabo's 1.5 works fine.
3) Use RSP if you experience problems.

vyder

when u downloaded the plugins where did u place them? in the plugins folder?

if u configure your settings ctrl+t, you will be able to select the unofficial daedalus rel 3 plugin.

once finished with selecting your plugins, go into options, then configure graphics plugin. thats how u configure your daedalus plugin.

by the way...when u are selecting your graphics plugins...do u see unofficial daedalus .08 rel 3?

what version of direct x are u using? what vid card and os?

also, when u go into settings (ctrl+t) go to the options tab and deselect hide advanced options. that will give u the ability to configure your rsp plugin. i just left mine default tho.

by the way mighty rocket..what audio plugins do u use for 1964? i am using azimers .3 and .4 and the sound is sloooooooowww. very very slow. i would like to know if you use sound and if u do...do u get decent sound.

when i use project 64, the sound is far superior...and in a game like resident evil, sound is VITAL.

Last edited:

jbtrunks

OK, with the unofficial rsp plug-in by rice I can now load and play RE2.However, I have been unable to hear any dialogue in the game. Once I got to the Kendo gunshop all the voices became garbled. I have been using Pj64 with every audio plugin and video plugin. Which combination of plugins and settings will give me the best output for the game?

Also, does implementation of the n64 co-processors being worked on with any of the video plugins? Because as I was searching the web I found info on how angel studios compressed the re2 video's so if any programmers want some info let me know.

vyder

for the best sound...use azimer's 0.40 beta 2 sound plugin. i dont think that you will get voices in the cutscene, but u should be able to hear sounds in-game. thats what i use and the sound is fine.