What's new

GFX Plugins

alexa999

Banned
Can anyone tell me what GFX plugins are, how you use them, and tell me about one with a debugger for Project 64?:plain:

conkerman

conkerman
gfx plugins are graphics plugins (GFX...saying it sounds like graphics...)... you use them to output a display of an n64 emulator in this case... dont know about the debugger.. im pretty sure though that debugging doesnt have a different gfx plugin
conkerman

aprentice

Re: What about this?

alexa999 said:
Well then what is the red thing circled?:plain:

oh those 3 red things are a game. If you push the right button you can play pj64 longer, if you push the wrong one you loose and pj64 closes.

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Re: Re: What about this?

aprentice said:
oh those 3 red things are a game. If you push the right button you can play pj64 longer, if you push the wrong one you loose and pj64 closes.

Really?!:p If so how do i make them get there, i dont have them in my pj64.:plain:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Re: Re: What about this?

aprentice said:

yup it's called a minigame

but the current version don't remember your score
:satisfied

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Thats cool! But how do you use the Daedalus GFX plugin in pj64? I want the debugger.:daedalus: :daedalus: :daedalus:

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Allnatural said:
I could be wrong, but you don't seem the type that would understand the information a debugger provides.

I guess not.:blush: But, I want my pj64 at its highest level, I'm not exacly a newbie.

Cyberman

Well there is no such animal, the debugger would have to be integrated in with PJ64. Best thing I can think of is using GDB for your base set. Let me see.. that would allow you to inspect and step through each assembly level instruction in the N64's CPU. The graphics and sound coprocessors are horsies of a different color, though I suppose with the right added tools you can do the same for those as well. You can't debug it in Dynamic REC mode though. :)

If you plan on debugging the graphics plugin that's yet another matter, you need the GPU source code and to launch the main AP (PJ64) from within VC++ or BCB. It's possible to do this through a network (if you are using glide for example and thus have no window) but it's not exactly EASY to do. When you compile the DLL it generates debugging information in a seperate file, thus PJ64 must be run from the IDE application to debug the DLL (hmmm) I know it's a bit too exciting (hehe).

As for running your games at there best, lots of trial and error might be more practical.

Cyb

decription

Those circles are for Macs. Although PJ64 isn't on Macs it is from an XP skin. BTW sprite ripping won't help you figure out why a game crashed. Sprites a fast 2-D animations.