What's new

Good enough specs, bad framerate and sound glitches.. help?

Krazzt

This is my first post so I am not sure if something is supposed to display the system specs I entered at registration, but here they are:

Intel Celeron 2.2 Ghz
Intel Graphics Controller 64MB
256 MB Ram

I searched the forums for related problems, but I wasn't sure if I was understanding the problems/solutions correctly. I am a newb to this generation of emulators (as oppose to snes and earlier) so I have no idea how to make it run better. My situation:

I have the latest Project64 and I tried playing Goldeneye. It runs fine up until gameplay where it has a frequent drop in framerate. It will run fine for about 10 seconds then have a drastic framerate slowdown and thus, sound slowdown. I even lowered the resolution to 320X240 16bit from 800X600 and it still had the same problem. Whn I upped it to 1024x768, it was the exact same thing, looked better but no difference in framerate. So it seems my system is capable of these resolutions but there is a glitch somewhere and I am assuming it is not a RAM and/or Video Card problem. I am unfamiliar with plugins and such so I am just using a bare P64. Are there some extras I can d/l for it to make it run better or something that I can configure in or around pj64 (the program itself or something on my pc)? I LOVE N64 so this whole idea is something really awesome for me as well as new. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Clements

It's the fault of you Intel card I'm afraid, the rest of your system is well above recommended spec. I suggest upgrading your video card drivers first if you can, and then use the Glide64 0.41 video plugin with the eVoodoo 3.25 wrapper (both available in the download section) as that seems to work better with these cards (or so I'm informed) Remember all the eVoodoo files go in the PJ64 directory and Glide64 goes in the plugin directory.

ShinjiIkari

I don't like titles
All I can suggest is to try toning down the graphic options and using the default ROM settings (uncheck "Hide Advanced Settings" to view them under options).