What's new

Performance

Performance

Hi!!

I've got a P3 500Mhz 215Mb RAM... before buying a GeForce 4MX 440 64Mb OoT was working at 24 FPS, with a TNT2 32Mb, but now it runs at 24 FPS too!!!

I'm noticed an improvement in the performance of such a games as GTA3 -really improved, +10FPS- or Colin McRae Rally 2 -almost +8FPS- but... why not in PJ64?

Is there any option to profit my new card with PJ64?

Now I'm using Jabo's Direct3D, Zilmar Audio and N-Rage input.

Thanks! And sorry by my poor English, I'm not english-speaken.

Your computer is too slow for PJ64. Use 1964 instead. The N64 hasn't got a fast video-card, so you'll notice no faster speed with N64-games if you buy a new video-card.

ShinjiIkari

I don't like titles
I am a newbie to these boards, so do not take everything I say as a fact :getlost:

For cheap ways to make your computer better, you could always buy more ram or try changing the settings on pj64. If you turn down the video settings then it is likely your fps will increase.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
and your english was better than most. I didn't even think that you were of not-english laguage until you told us. lol. Good work!:D

Thanks mightyrocket! Now I'm running that game under 1964 0.8.5 With Jabo's Direct3D and Project64 RSP plugin at 38/45 FPS!!

The sound continues freezing and clicking as before, but I know my computer isn't too good, and possible not good enough to sync graphics to audio. I'm trying the last Azimer plugin named before in another threath in order to increase the performance...

Well, I have some problems with this thing... I'll post something later about it. While, if you could help me...

Rice

Emulator Developer
Azimer's newest plugins are not as fast as his earlier versions. 0.13b, 0.30old are very fast. You can try the his old versions first for most games, and use newer version for games like Conker, PD.

You don't need to enable RSP plugin if you are using Azimer's HLE plugins.

Azimer plugin 0.13b is really fast!! It spends almost 1/3 of the resourses that wasted the versions 0.30 and upper. Now Zelda URA works at 41/45 FPS all time and there are almost no glitches at sound.

I've also deactivated the RSP plugin. I know that 2D static background won't see ok but it's much better this way (with the RSP the performance was really decreased! to 28/30 FPS or something else)

Thanks to all!

:1964: :1964: :1964: :1964:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
ySS said:
Thanks mightyrocket! Now I'm running that game under 1964 0.8.5 With Jabo's Direct3D and Project64 RSP plugin at 38/45 FPS!!

The sound continues freezing and clicking as before, but I know my computer isn't too good, and possible not good enough to sync graphics to audio. I'm trying the last Azimer plugin named before in another threath in order to increase the performance...

Well, I have some problems with this thing... I'll post something later about it. While, if you could help me...

The PC specs should be not bad. If still slow, but not as much, readjust the counter factor from 2 to 3.
I tested The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with a Pentium III
533 mhz, which is likely not a very noticable speed
difference compared to a Pentium III 500 mhz and I don't recall
the speed being bad.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
With 1964, you can change counter setting in ROM options. Or press CTRL-3 during game play. You can also try CTRL-4 or CTRL-5.

Thanks both Rice and RJARRRPCGP. Now I've increased the framerate by 3 or 4 FPS (I notice it always with the same savegame at the same moment after loading). I've also changed another options (plus the counter captor), and the performance were increased as it.

:1964: :1964: :1964: :1964:
THE FASTER!!!

PD: Oh! I've forgotten. Now the sound has no glitches at all (except in some places like Hyrule Field). Thanks!!

Last edited: