What's new

Input plugin

4thgen

I am having trouble with the blight input plugin. Basically i can configure it, but when i enter a game the directional pad doesnt work, only the buttons do. Anyone had this problem also?

I am using a propad 6, works fine in zsnes but here is the input.conf file dpad entries
Code:
DPad R=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 0+ ); hat( None , None )
DPad L=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 0- ); hat( None , None )
DPad D=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 1+ ); hat( None , None )
DPad U=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 1- ); hat( None , None )

thanks

blight

does the dpad work with buttons/keys/hat?
do the axis work with other buttons than the dpad or n64 controller axis?

OP

4thgen

yes, I tried mapping on the dpad

start - up
z - down
right - a
left - b

keyboard
<< arrow - left
>> arrow - right
down arrow -down
up arrow - up

Now the start, z, a, b worked via the d-pad but i the arrows on the keyboard wouldnt work to move mario around. So it looks like anything being mapped to up down left and right isnt working.

blight

i didn't get that...
the "dpad" of your gamepad is virtually 2 axis i guess...
does it work if you map these 2 axis onto other buttons than the n64 dpad like start, c up/down/...?
does it work if you map keyoard keys/gamepad buttons onto the n64 dpad?

OP

4thgen

Ok, I mapped the start button to the up direction on my pad (y axis), (showing that a button mapped to the y-axis on my gamepad worked) that worked.

Then i mapped direction up to the up direction on my pad (y axis) that didnt work. (showing that y-axis isnt working for what it needs to be working for)

I mapped start to the space bar, that didint work.(showing buttons mapped to keyboard arent working)

I mapped the direction up to button one that didnt work. (showing buttons mapped to a direction arent working)

Basically the two things that arent working are any directional movement. No matter what you map the directional movements (a way for mario to walk around) to whether it is a x or y axis, a button, or a keyboard key it doesnt work.

2nd thing, for instance say i have a six button game pad, well nintendo 64 has 10 buttons total (a,b,the 4 c's, z, l, r, start). Would be nice if i could map a few to my gamepad and a few to the keyboard. Im not sure if you even started to do this yet but keyboard buttons arent working if the are mapped through your plugin. (which i showed up top)

thanks again

Last edited:

blight

4thgen said:
... 2nd thing, for instance say i have a six button game pad, well nintendo 64 has 10 buttons total (a,b,the 4 c's, z, l, r, start). Would be nice if i could map a few to my gamepad and a few to the keyboard. Im not sure if you even started to do this yet but keyboard buttons arent working if the are mapped through your plugin. (which i showed up top)...

i guess you tried using the keyboard while having your gamepad selected in the device box
do you really need the n64 dpad? why don't use your gamepads dpad (axis) to control n64 controller axis??

OP

4thgen

why don't use your gamepads dpad (axis) to control n64 controller axis??
I would if it worked. I think i made it pretty clear that the directional part doesn't work. At least for me it doesn't.

The part i mentioned about the buttons is it would be nice (well, actually its sort of a necessity) to be able to use the keyboard AND game pad at same time (zsnes has that ability) since very few gamepads have 10 buttons and if you have a pad with only six you cant use it. 4 buttons will be unable to be used.

Blight, Im sure you have better things to worry about then making sure eveyones game pad is working with your plugin. But im sure one day this emulator will be sweet along with your plugins.

thanks

Last edited:

blight

4thgen said:
I would if it worked. I think i made it pretty clear that the directional part doesn't work. At least for me it doesn't.

The part i mentioned about the buttons is it would be nice (well, actually its sort of a necessity) to be able to use the keyboard AND game pad at same time (zsnes has that ability) since very few gamepads have 10 buttons and if you have a pad with only six you cant use it. 4 buttons will be unable to be used.

Blight, Im sure you have better things to worry about then making sure eveyones game pad is working with your plugin. But im sure one day this emulator will be sweet along with your plugins.

thanks

what do you mean with "directional pad"??? the axis of your gamepad or the n64 dpad?
who cares about zsnes?
no, i don't have anything better to do

killthegene

One Kool dude
In case your intrested blight i got my joypad to work with your plugin however i had to edit the config file and work out the buttons using trial and error.

OP

4thgen

Blight, you know what....my mistake. What I was doing was trying to match my d-pad, with the n64 d-pad, when in fact the analog stick (x/y axis) is used to move mario around. So mapped my d-pad to the x and y axis of the analog stick and presto worked. ~feels like a moron~

Anyways, what about being able to use the keyboard AND the pad together??? Like placing the main buttons (A, B, Z, L, R) to my pad and then Start, and the 4 C's to my keyboard?? Thats why i brought up Zsnes because you can do that in it.

I can see now why i was confusing you. The whole time i was talking about x and y axis i was talking about the d-pad on the 64 pad, not the analog stick. I didnt even set the analog stick, lol. sorry

blight

4thgen said:
Blight, you know what....my mistake. What I was doing was trying to match my d-pad, with the n64 d-pad, when in fact the analog stick (x/y axis) is used to move mario around. So mapped my d-pad to the x and y axis of the analog stick and presto worked. ~feels like a moron~

Anyways, what about being able to use the keyboard AND the pad together??? Like placing the main buttons (A, B, Z, L, R) to my pad and then Start, and the 4 C's to my keyboard?? Thats why i brought up Zsnes because you can do that in it.

I can see now why i was confusing you. The whole time i was talking about x and y axis i was talking about the d-pad on the 64 pad, not the analog stick. I didnt even set the analog stick, lol. sorry
yes, i was pretty sure you were doing such a stupid mistake...
you don't have to mention zsnes... you could just have said "hi blight. sincy my gempad has only 6 buttons it would be kewl if you made it possible to use a gamepad and the keyboard at the same time" - noone cares about zsnes nor do i steal any code from it or get any ideas from its code since making the keyboard work at the same time is maybe just one or two lines to change

--blight