What's new

Cant't fix choppy sound PJ64

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
I have choppy sound when playing any game, i thought it was my sound card because I was using a SB16 then changed to a SB AWE 64 Gold.

My friend has perfect sound with almoast the same system specs, so i changed to the sound card he was using, a SB Live 5.1.

This didn't help.

My friend was is using digital speakers so i borrowed those to see if that was the problem, it wasn't.

All i can think of now is that i have some piece of hardware that causes this.

The only difference between our machines is mine is a slot A processor while his is a socket A. (that wouldn't make a difference would it?)

My last question... my motherboard is a GA-7IXE, do you have to have motherboard drivers installed? - would this make a difference if i did?

Last edited:
Go to start>settings>control panel and choose "multimedia". Change the playback device to another and see which one is working the best.

Good luck.

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
I think my post was misleading, i only have one sound card installed on my computer, a SB live 5.1.

If i want to chose a different playback, the only other option is modem line#0, :happy:.

I've just opened up my comp and got the model number of my SB so im going to download the latest drivers, i don't think this will help though.

Also i'll add that the choppy sound is only while using PJ64 or 1964 (but loads of people have problems with that)

Dogman5

----------
hmm..

have you tried going into the Audio menu, and checking the box saying sync game to audio? This helps ALOT