What's new

Serious display problem, driver question.

Lizard Blade

So I got a friend to try out PJ64k today. He downloaded a SSB rom from the same place I did, so that shouldn't be the problem. He sent me a picture, he has a REALLY bad display problem.
Crappy-SSB.jpg

He doesn't know much about computers, and I know this is below spec, but this is the information I've gotten from him.

Windows ME
64 MB RAM
750 mhz Proccessor, unsure of type
Voodoo 3 graphics card
Directx version won't show up in dxdiag.

That must be using Jabo's D3D7 1.4, as thats the plug used by PJ64k.

I have him downloading DirectX 9.0a now (he's on 56k).
Apparently he's never updated drivers before, and I don't really know how to help him there as I use a different card type. Does anyone have any advice?

Update drivers is very easy, just download them from www.voodoofiles.com and install them and it will work. Try Jabo's 1.5 after this (included in PJ64 1.5) and you've got better support for Perfect Dark, and other RARE-games. He might have some advantage with speed for SSB he uses Glide64 (you can download it from the downloads-section). I'd always recommend updating drivers, but I'm sure you will get Smash Brothers to work properly with this plugin without updating drivers.

OP
L

Lizard Blade

PJ64k only uses Jabo's plug 1.4, and the main idea is I wanted to play against him. And what drivers should he get?