What's new

Custom VCD Menu's

Vchat20

Is it possible? cuz right now im using Nero to create my VCD's and the menu's are kinda crappy so I wanna do my own. is it possible?

one more question. how different are the requirements between VCD's and DVD's? cuz I have WinDVD right now and have played my VCD's on it fine without a hitch. but how different would that experience be from a DVD?

Remote

You could rip DVD menus, although I've never tried it so I can't tell you how much work it is... And for DVD vs VCD... VCD is a shitty old standard so the requirements are pretty low, and DVD is fairly new so you can probaly figure the rest out for yourself...

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

can you tell if DVD's would run well n my machine?
333MHZ
160MB RAM
onboard ati video (about 4-5 years old)
same for audio, it's soundblaster.

Remote

333Mhz should be a PII, which can barely run DivX without stuttering so I wouldn't get my hopes up to high, but if VCD does the job for you then go with it... I never liked WinDVD personally but if you come over PowerDVD cheap, then try it out... MicroDVD is also quite nice... And the older versions should be avalible for free, I don't remember the adress atm but I'm sure you'll google it in no time... Happy hunting:D

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

well, I have downloaded a couple DVD rips that are in DivX form and they seem to run fine for me.

I will look for that MicroDVD and check out PowerDVD.