What's new

how far is PD playable?

yogaman

Banned
Well, I got to the 3rd mission and so far it was only the night goggles which were not emulated properly, I guess. At least the screen didn't turn black (like lens of truth in Zelda)....now, I just wanna know how far u guys got and what future gf-bugs I've to be aware of ;) ......
or has somebody even finished it with PJ1.4 ?

cheers

Eliminator

The Eliminator
The game is fully playable. The only bugs you'll occur are camspy, drugspy, bombspy and nightvision but if you know the game from the original n64 you'll manage through. Also there's no sky display so that is a bit messed up. Also make sure you have enabled in the video options "change blending mode if invalid for video card". You need that option on in order for some levels to display properly.

Triz

i experienced a really bad glitch in air force one where i couldn't blow up the link to the alien ship after i had rescued the president and put him in the escape pod, i have the game on the 64 and this ISN'T supposed to happen this happens in agent mode ???

sk8bloke22

roll for life
does validate blending fix the sky, or am i just gonna live with that..

from wat i can see the bugs are kinda isolated ones. i.e they r only consistant, when the bug becomes needed. i.e nightvision, spycam and sky. the sky one is probably the most annoying. well there are enuff emus out there that could try and sort this out. m not sure if its a core or gfx prob, as often some emus fix things in their core which stop gfx bugs happening in jabos plugin.

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
hey sk8bloke.... which mission are u at? I mean, I'm on the mission where u have to save a negotiator with a sniper (mission 4, I think)...well, there the sky is okay!

I think the bugs are due to the gfx-plugin....

SJR

perfect dark is fully compleatable, some parts are tricky but doable, i have compleated all bar about 5 missions on hardest setting this was done in beta version so release should be ok too.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
show me a screen shot of the sky yogaman. maybe im doing something wrong. year im on that level too. its playable, but the sky looks like a hole in the gfx plugin (anyone whos played around with unrealed or quake radient, will know wat i mean).

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
well to be honest, "okay" means it's just blue.....doesn't look kinda "sweet".....and....well, maby u judge things different than me :D