What's new

VPW2 Help?

Dwyzane

Hey guys. I was wondering if I may get some help. Here's the problem. Everytime I start the emulation for Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 this screen pops up.....
vpw2_559x537.jpg

And it will not go beyond this. I thought maybe it was my button settings but I still haven't figured it out. I thought maybe it could be like a statement saying it can not be played because it's an import, but I play VPW all the time so this can be possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
check to see if its a good rom with goodn64.
Can someone give him a link?

Also, what does that say?

Remote

Although I've never tried that particulat game that could very well be a mem pack error, so try adding / removing a mem pack... And / or switching the expansion pack on / off...

OP
D

Dwyzane

I thought about it being the Expansion Pak but I can't find the switch to turn it on and off. I don't think it's anything to do with the mempack, even though I have recieved some errors about the mempack while trying to play no mercy.........hmmmm.

Also I downloaded Good N64 and to no avail I'm lost. Is there a windows version available

OP
D

Dwyzane

Well hell I uninstalled and deleted anything that related to Project64, except the roms and plugins, and reinstalled the emulator.............Guess what? It worked. And hell it's even the plugin's that come with it. Didnt need anykind of special ones. Thanks to anyone who offered their words of wisdom.

Now I can finally enjoy this game just as I did when it came out.

OP
D

Dwyzane

Bad off topic bud. Didn't you read the rules. No asking about where to find or get Roms.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Has anyone made a translation patch yet?

Just curious. I have the game, and due to it's WM2K-like nature, can get around most of it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, learn japanese! :D ^_^
The last part of that i can say is hiragana, the japanese alphabet, not the annoying chinese-style alphabet (can't remember its name now...)

I think it says something like "kaunakatteimasen."
The nearest known translation to me would be "kunakatta imasen."

I've heard it...but don't quite remember what it meant.

OP
D

Dwyzane

Just go to gamefaqs.com and get the Translation FAQ! IT REALLY HELPS! I just printed it out and use it like and instruction manual. I've used it so much now I pretty much know what I'm choosing.
My friends think I understand Japanese now :D

returno

the controller ... isn't

The first part is katakana. It means "controller".

The last bit is hiragana. It means "'isn't".

Japanese is a "periodic" language which means the verb often goes at the end. Usually the subject goes first.

So we have:

"The controller isn't ...."

hmmm....

"working" you think?

:)