What's new

Ogrebattle64 compatibility?

Casm

First time poster, so just letting you know :)

I recently got Project64, as well as tried out several other emulators. So far, this one has been by far the best one that meets my personal standards. Works great. The game I've been trying to play is Ogrebattle64. Of all the emulators I've tried, this one seems to run it the best as far as the graphical sprites, less lag, overall best quality of the game. Still, my search is to find the absolute best combination of emulator/plugins to get the best effect possible. My computer specs are 1.1ghz Athlon 640 ram Geforce4 Nvidia 128 meg Graphics card.

Even though the game runs very good, especially in comparison to other emulators, I still want to get the best possible results. I was wondering if others who played the game know what type of plugins, or possibly other emulators (if any others seem to run it better depending on specs perhaps) that run this game best.

Though the game works great, these are the couple issues I'd like to address. During the dialogue parts of the game, it seems to freeze for anywhere between 10-60+ seconds several times. Right before a battle, the screen with the griffon has its Frames Per Second shot down to about 3 to 6 when its normally much much higher. Though for some reason this is the only time of the game it does this, and I believe it may be the rom itself and nothing to do with the emulator. These issues are however minor, and the heart of the game where I am actually playing seems to run flawlessly which is what really counts. Thankyou

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
Download directly glNintendo64 v0.32 beta down here
enable it and then from its control pannel enable 2XSai improvement.This plugin has some other graphic problems but it is better than Jabos :phone:

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I'd just like to say thanks to the new guy who just posted here. He or she really spent time registering, instead of just typing in stupid stuff to get the answer. Thanks a lot, Casm. You made my day.

OP
C

Casm

I'm a he, and thanks for the compliment. As for the link from Dr@mer, when I click it, I get a blank screen. Not sure if the link is broken, or if its just me. I'll do a search for it and see if I can come up with something. Thanks for the info

OP
C

Casm

Okay, played for a couple min or so, comparing everything, and this is how it seemed to work for me.

The dialogue was a bit choppy, but it never froze up on me. I can live with this. Freezing up for up to a min 2 or 3 times during a normally 30 second part of dialogue gets very annoying.

The section with the griffon loaded much much faster, which is a plus. Some words saying what 'scene' and the name of that scene came up that weren't there with Jabo's. This is also a plus.

However, with this plugin, it retained the same choppiness during the actual playing on the battlefield as it did during the dialogue. With Jabo's, it ran more or less smooth. That was one drawback. The other is during a battle, when 2 units fight, seemed extremely jumpy, which really doesn't work for me. So I think I'm going to stick with Jabo's atm, I might play around with a few others from the plugins section just for some trial and error. I'm also up for other's suggestions.

Oh, btw I forgot to put what OS I'm using when I listed my computer's specs. I'm running Win98 SE which may or may not make a difference. Thanks again

CrimsonWolf

Hi, dunno if you've read my other post

Just wondered if you have the same problem i have, with the black background in battle scenes, and if you have, did you manage to fix it.

CrimsonWolf

OP
C

Casm

Actually, I haven't been too concerned with the background. Yes, my backgrounds during battles are also black. Another issue I forgot to mention. Personally, it doesn't bother me that much. I can see the units fine, and the battle commands and unit life and such. The 'key' points of the fight. The background is just a minor setback. You might want to play around with some other graphics plugins, but I wouldn't know what to recommend. I'm fairly new to this myself