What's new

Yoshi's Story graphics problems...

teh meh

Now, I've already spent the last couple hours searching these forums, and trying to work this out by myself, so you can put away those flame torches right now (because I saw what you guys do to people who don't search the forums first :) )

snap0001.bmp

The game itself seems to play fine enough... but I get lots of graphics errors like the ones seen here (no floor... and the health 'flower' at the top acts all funny sometimes)

I'm using the latest version of Jabo's plugins, as well as the latest version of pj 64...

Anyways, here are my stats

2.53 ghz
ATI Radeon 9700, latest drivers

Not really sure what else would be needed... I tried downloading a bunch of different plugins to see if I could get it to work, but none could get it running quite right. I don't know if I missed one, or if I just didn't get some checks in the right boxes...

Clements

The Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel. 3 plugin gives me the best results with Yoshi's Story. Give that a try.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ARGH, FFS! Don't attach bmps! They are HUGE! :getlost:
If you can't friggin' convert them, so damn well zip them and attach them! I was just about to hit back when i noticed that bmp! :getlost:
Why is bmp allowed in the first case anyway? :doh:

Anyway, experiment with jabo's 1.5 and rice's unofficial plugin. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
ARGH, FFS! Don't attach bmps! They are HUGE! :getlost:
If you can't friggin' convert them, so damn well zip them and attach them! I was just about to hit back when i noticed that bmp! :getlost:
Why is bmp allowed in the first case anyway? :doh:

It isn't.

He used IMG tags.

On-topic:

You need to enable frame buffer emulation.