What's new

Mario Party 1 Strange Graphical Errors

Bopig!

The Great BO
I was wondering if someone could help me.
I'm having somd weird problems with "Mario Party". Every couple turns, the graphics change and it looks pretty bad. Things like the tiles on the board either dissappear or change appearance, players lose there bodies, Bowser goes wireframe, etc. Occasionally, these things fix themselves after a certain minigame is played but it's still annoying. It doesn't affect the gameplay in any way, but it's still unpleasant.
So, has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know if I should try another graphics plugin?
I'm using Project64 as my emulator, with the default plugin. I also have a Geforce 2 TI graphics card.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

returno

works ok for me

MP1 works ok for me, with only the occaisonal glitch in a mini-game.

You need to check your rom w/ goodn64. See the faq or help for instructions on how to obtain it. Also, you might update your graphics card driver.

However, your posts about game problems need to include more info. Please read the thread called

FORUM RULES - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

You will get more useful replies if you read that and follow the instructions therein.

OP
Bopig!

Bopig!

The Great BO
I checked things out with GoodN64 like you suggested and I'm guessing it got messed up when I renamed it. I didn't know that could mess things up. Thanks for the help.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It can't be messed up when renaming.
It means it was bad in the first place. You can also try to use glide64, which seems to be a little better with this game.

OP
Bopig!

Bopig!

The Great BO
Oh ok. I didn't think that made much sense, but I'm somewhat new to this. So, glide64 is the name of an emulator? I'll have to track it down and give it a try.

OP
Bopig!

Bopig!

The Great BO
Well, after a bit of research I've learned that Glide64 is a graphics plugin. Well, I can't use this one, because it's meant for 32fx voodoo cards. I'm using a Geforce 2 TI card, so I don't think this will help. Can someone suggest another good plugin?

Clements

You're right and wrong! :) You can use Glide64 but you must download eVoodoo 3.25 as well. Its a Glide wrapper that enables you to use it. Search the forums to find out how to use it!

OP
Bopig!

Bopig!

The Great BO
Ok, I downloaded all the things I needed this time, and glide works perfectly. Games run smoother now, (I tested a few) the odd graphical problems are gone and I'm a happy man. Thank you for your help everyone, I really appreciate it.