What's new

Zelda OOT crash

Smite

I'm currently in the Forest Temple, and trying to defeat the first ghost. However, whenever I do an action that would harm the ghost (Hit it with my sword, shoot an arrow at it, etc) Project64 (version 1.5) crashes.

I've tried numerous Graphics and Sound plugins, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

My system stats are:
Athlon 2700+
1Gb RAM
using the built in nForce2 sound and video on my Shuttle sn41g2

I can provide a save file that's right before the error if requested. (I would attach it, but it's too big)

Perhaps someone can suggest another emu that can read the save file, and I can get past this point using it?

Last edited:
OP
S

Smite

The Rom is:
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!]

And a screenshot of the error is atteched, though I doubt it will help any.

OP
S

Smite

Sent.

If it doesn't crash on yours, (I won't say it can't be my machine) is there another emu that can load that save?

Allnatural

Yeah, it'll crash on my machine too. It appears that your state is corrupt, which happens sometimes (check the help file).

Do this: Load your state, and then save your game. Use the native save function (in game) not another state. Reset the game and load your native save. You'll have to play from the beginning of the temple, but it won't crash.

Lesson for today: Use save states sparingly.

OP
S

Smite

Heh, just realized that something was seriously wrong with my game before that point (It appears all the save states I did corrupted enough that it got saved in the native saves as well), and there's no way to continue playing with the backups I have.

Would anyone be kind enough to post / email me a native save right before the fire temple? (Just after the forest temple)

Kaoss626

Smite,

I'm working my way through the game right now. and I'm at the beginning of the Forest temple. If I had an email address for you I could send you a native save from where I am at the begining of the temple.

OP
S

Smite

heh, I appreciate the offer, but as it turns out, the cheats shave a LOT more time off the endevor than I expected, and over the course of an hour, I've gotten right back to the Fire Temple. Sorry to bother everyone.