What's new

Probs with 1.5

awol

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've look everywhere and the only place that mentions my problem in English is in the FAQ. I have taken all the suggestion found there. Since there is little mention of it elsewhere I take it I'm doing something stupid. :blush: Anyway problem is that I get "Failed to allocate memory" message (twice for good measure) when trying to run PJ 1.5 after installation. PJ 1.4 works, as does 1.5b. I've tried unistalling the previous versions and re-installing 1.5 but doesn't seem to work. Anybody any suggestions? Specs. below.

Thx. :D

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
On some systems (mine, for example) it simply can't be worked around.

Run the forum search though... you should find a few suggestions. It's on the navbar at the top.

Clements

Increasing the virtual memory worked on my old computer (56MB RAM) But you have 512MB... Probably still worth trying though.

OP
A

awol

I've tried everyone's suggestions but none work. I've got my Virtual memory set at 764 MB min (1500MB max) but it doesn't seem to like going any higher - XP resets. Anyways although I'm about ready to give up until someone has another birght idea I've noticed that I actually can get PJ64 1.5 to load (once you've battled through the error windows) if I start XP in safe mode. There error is then (obiously) related to the the plugins not working but I still have PJ64 running :ermm: Anyone else find that happening?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
awol said:
I've tried everyone's suggestions but none work. I've got my Virtual memory set at 764 MB min (1500MB max) but it doesn't seem to like going any higher - XP resets. Anyways although I'm about ready to give up until someone has another birght idea I've noticed that I actually can get PJ64 1.5 to load (once you've battled through the error windows) if I start XP in safe mode. There error is then (obiously) related to the the plugins not working but I still have PJ64 running :ermm: Anyone else find that happening?

Hmm. Fun. Must be interference from some service in XP, then. That should help someone fix the issue. :)

Well anyway... my system can't run 1.5 final either. 256MB physical RAM and a pagefile set to 384 - 448MB.

I just run the 1.5 beta...

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
btw, where else did you see it not in english? Like, Japanese, or something, or in english, just computer talk?

OP
A

awol

Doomulation: I've tried all the OS in compatibility mode but no joy.
Jimbot: www.playemu.com/64/project64/pj6415.html

I think there were two other sites but can't remeber the search words I used in google, my history has been cleaned :doh:.

I tried something like 'failed to allocate memory pj64' but this only give you one of the pages.

There is some crazy talk of 'c:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\CNSMIN.DLL,Rundll32' :ermm:

Last edited: