What's new

Progress....

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
All I ask is, how's 1964 progressing? Not a release date, just curious to know how Rice and the rest are doing on it.

Riven

If you look closer on this forum you'll see a thread asking that with some nice answers

I've upped the thread

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
The next 1964 will be the final release.

I have off from school for a week starting Thursday, and will work on 1964 from Thursday until next Wednesday. Rice will also be incorporating some of his necessary changes for use with his plugin into 1964. We will also be working with someone else who has offered assistance with certain user interface enhancements.

After this, there will be a beta test period of one month. So, pad the schedule a few days, and the termination date becomes Cinco de Mayo.

jack

schibo said:
The next 1964 will be the final release.

I have off from school for a week starting Thursday, and will work on 1964 from Thursday until next Wednesday. Rice will also be incorporating some of his necessary changes for use with his plugin into 1964. We will also be working with someone else who has offered assistance with certain user interface enhancements.

After this, there will be a beta test period of one month. So, pad the schedule a few days, and the termination date becomes Cinco de Mayo.

Can this be the end for N64 emulation?:cry:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Cinco de Mayo translates to Five of May, spanish apparently, so 5th of may i think it implys.

No it won't be the end! 1964 is open source and so is PJ64 to a certain extent, as long as there are talented people who know what their doing there will always be n64 emulation.

nuff said.

hell even snes emus are still being made....

OP
firestarter

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
All right, I'll do something to it later..... ;D

But I think the only things that need to be worked on is a bit of increase on compatibility (will rogue squadron ever work? :saint: ) and fixing up the method on saving states....as well as anything that's been complained upon.

As for the SNES, well, they haven't been worked on much.....pagefault hasn't updated at all since July for zsnes.

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
firestarter said:
As for the SNES, well, they haven't been worked on much.....pagefault hasn't updated at all since July for zsnes.
pagefault says a new ZSNES release is coming up. Watch this space...

Riven

Sad to hear that news Schibo, 1964 is my number 1 emulator for N64 but I don't think next release will be perfect and closing the job will left a big hole in N64 emulation :1964:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Naw. Have hopes for Mupen!:n64:
It's still in progress. A little speed-up and it might be the new upcoming emulator for n64!:happy:
But as to say, it's sad to see 1964 stop....:1964:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I'd defintly like a little more speed. The only glitches in N64 emulation I'm really concerned about are either to do with plugins or small slowdowns (like in the Super Smash Brothers intro).

sk8bloke22

roll for life
not really bad news at all. the emu is pretty much complete. it still has a gfx plugin that is in constant WIP, and only a few games dont work. maybe a last release will finish it, maybe not, it will still mean welcomed improvements. things have to end at some point, and 1964 is in a great stage (if almost complete), so its not really that great a shock that after years and years of hard effort, the project is gonna come to an end. anyway, im sure the next release will do its justice, and good luck with it.

Plisco

Sevillian
It is indeed sad news that the release is final:cry:. But hey all good things must come to an end. Just make it a release to remember :)
:1964:

leizar

IK, 1964 is coming closer to its final release
I hope this doesn't mean that Rice will also stop emproving his plugin; most of the things that the n64 emulation scene needs are about graphics

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Wow.

Well, I sure hope you go out with a bang. :)

So first PJ64, and now 1964... well, at least 1964 is open source.

And there is still Mupen and uHLE 2064, and Icepir8 says he is still working on TR64.

OP
firestarter

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
What about Fake64? I'd like to see that progress, since I intend on moving operations towards Linux over the summer.