What's new

PJ64 crashes -- can someone help?

Dache

I've been trying to get PJ 64 (Ver 1.5) to work for a while now using Jabo's DX7 plugin, and it just... won't. I'm guessing it's a graphics card problem, personally.

Anyway. I run a 1 GHz machine (Windows ME -- came installed :\), 256 RAM and... hold it... S3 Savage4 32 Meg graphics card.

Yeah, it's crap. No money to upgrade. Anyway--

Whenever I start a game, it seems to run fine (with exception to one game) for about 10 - 30 seconds, and after that it completely locks up.

Mario 64 appears to run fine at first, but then when Mario's face pops up, all the textures are completely black (although there's still lighting there, you can see it).

Sigh.

Anyway, that's my problem. I know there's not a lot to go on, and I don't expect many replies (if any), but I thought I'd give it a try.

I've tried using other plugins, but they either don't run at all or run really, really badly. If it wasn't for this lockup problem, Jabo's plugin would be the best. XD

I've also tried turning off sound and controls, and it still locks up. More to this point, I turned everything but visuals on, and it didn't lock up at all...

Sooo... well, anyone? At all? :|

OP
D

Dache

Ohhhh, shit, I just saw in another topic that in the readme that Savage4 cards in particular hang.

Okay, don't worry then. No solution. :\

Clements

Sure you've put all the files in the correct places?

eControl, Glide3x, Glide2x in PJ64 folder

Glide64 in Plugin folder.

Remember, it only works in fullscreen.

OP
D

Dache

Yep, all present and correct. Yeah, it's completely black in fullscreen.

Maybe I'll just get a new card at some point when some PC game I desperately want comes out.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yep, it won't look bad at all, either. I prefer XP over 2K though (for savage users) cause I'm not completely sure if 2K resolves the issue, but I know XP does. :)