What's new

Winxp and pj64 wont work...??

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
before anybody really gets on your case, please post all of your specs and everything your using, and search the posts for ones like yours. I KNOW there have been posts about this topic, even recently, so check it out.

Still have problems? Then post

Muka3D

Metroid Prime
Exactly, I've got XP and it runs perfectly, with no problems whatsoever. Just saying it don't work, is like someone asking you "Do you want Fries, Soup, a baked potato, a salad, or a sandwhich?" and you say "Yes", hence many things can have an impact on wether or not PJ64 will run on your machine, and your OS is most likely not the problem in this case. Be more specific, and look at other posts on similar problems.

OP
M

MEANGUNS!

sorry guys and thanks for the fast response...:

I was using Win 98 ME and upgraded to win xp pro..

After the upgrade pj64 emulator didn't work.

When I uninstalled Win xp pro back to Win 98 ME it worked fine again.

AMD 1600
Ram 500mb
Onboard video card
Onboard sound card

scotty

The Great One
MEANGUNS! said:
sorry guys and thanks for the fast response...:

I was using Win 98 ME and upgraded to win xp pro..

After the upgrade pj64 emulator didn't work.

When I uninstalled Win xp pro back to Win 98 ME it worked fine again.

AMD 1600
Ram 500mb
Onboard video card
Onboard sound card

If your problem is what I think it is, you do not have a Direct 3D graphics card.
I would think that it is saying that it could not initialize your Direct 3D graphics card.
Need one get one at you local electronics store, and make sure you get the right one, make sure you know if you have an AGP interface or not, otehrwise get a PCI card, not as fast but still works well, as you can see I have one myself.
Dont have the cash, get the TR64 OGL plugin 0.8.2, recently released, it should do the trick, but it will be a little slow

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Project64 problem

scotty said:

If your problem is what I think it is, you do not have a Direct 3D graphics card.
I would think that it is saying that it could not initialize your Direct 3D graphics card.
Need one get one at you local electronics store, and make sure you get the right one, make sure you know if you have an AGP interface or not, otehrwise get a PCI card, not as fast but still works well, as you can see I have one myself.
Dont have the cash, get the TR64 OGL plugin 0.8.2, recently released, it should do the trick, but it will be a little slow

scotty , you are wrong!!! The problem is *not* because he
don't have 3D video hardware. If that were true, the same
problem would occur under Windows 98 and Windows ME.

MEANGUNS , The problem is probably because Windows XP set the desktop video mode to 32 bit color, which the video hardware probably don't support when using Direct3D.

Solution is to set the desktop video mode to 16 bit color
(high color).

Windows XP always wants to set the desktop video mode
to 32 bit color for the default, that's why with Voodoo 3s and
on board video hardware, they get graphics errors and
crashes.

Last edited:

Holistic

I think the problem is with the drivers that win xp use for your graphics card
i had the same problem with my ati rage fury maxx graphics card
when i installed winxp i woulden't recognize it as a 3d card because of the std. drivers xp use
i you cant install the old drivers cause they won't work ok on xp
så either stay with 98 or buy a new graphics card
that was the only thing that helped me out

Slougi

Holistic said:
I think the problem is with the drivers that win xp use for your graphics card
i had the same problem with my ati rage fury maxx graphics card
when i installed winxp i woulden't recognize it as a 3d card because of the std. drivers xp use
i you cant install the old drivers cause they won't work ok on xp
så either stay with 98 or buy a new graphics card
that was the only thing that helped me out
I am with Holistic here, this is propably true.