What's new

Need Help Here... Please?

NVash

Okay, Im a newbie, so I know nothing of this. But I downloaded a few games, and tried playing them, and they refuse to play right.

Banjo-Kazooie
Slowdown

Banjo-Tooie
Slowdown, even stopped for a few seconds once

Conkers Bad Fur Day
Slowdown, but also, for some reason, Conkers head and tail are white

GoldenEye
Massive slowdown, like watching the game in slow motion, or rather, a clip show of the game

Superman
Slowdown

Super Smash Brothers
Slowdown

Super Mario 64
Sometimes slowsdown, but otherwise perfect

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
During cutscenes my FPS is between 12 and 40 (But stays around late 20's, early 30's), also has slowdown, really choppy in voice overs and music. But besides the choppiness, it works perfectly.
By slowdown I mean choppiness really, for music and voices.

My comp info is as follows
Pentium 3 550 mhz
256 RAM
32 meg video card (TNT 2)

Is there anyway to fix these games so they run perfectly without updating my comp (Which was what everyone else has said)?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Taken From the Pj64 Users Manual

Thats Help/User Manual Btw

Project64 Minimum System Specification
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This specification will be sufficient for you to enjoy most compatible games with good graphics, sound and control, subject to correct configuration and some limitations of the emulator. You are likely to suffer some performance problems, and you will not be able to use all the options in the emulator. Consider using some 3rd party plugins (see Web Links)

Intel Pentium 3 700Mhz or AMD Athlon 800Mhz CPU*
128MB system RAM
200MB free hard drive space
additional 20MB-100MB free hard drive space per game, depending on game and number of saves you make
100% Microsoft DirectX 7 compatible video, sound and input devices**.
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft DirectX 7 (default plugins), DirectX 8 (all included plugins)
*the plugins contain SSE optimisations, early Athlons did not have SSE.

**The video device must be a primary device, have at least 16MB local memory and two texture units. Depending on the features supported by your video card some content may not be displayed correctly and thus some games marked as compatible may suffer glitches or not be playable on your system. The exact features required vary from game to game.

nVidia GeForce256 and ATI Radeon (early models) are suggested as realistic minimum video hardware. In conjunction with good quality drivers they have the required features. Newer cards mainly allow better resolutions, filtering, anti-aliasing and so on.

The following chipsets (thus any and all graphics cards based on them) can be considered below minimum specification:

3dfx Voodoo 1,2,3 (1,2 - not at all, 3 - poor image quality)
ATI Rage128, Rage Pro (poor image quality)
Intel i740, i810 (poor image quality)
Matrox G200, G400, G450 (poor image quality)
nVidia Riva128 (poor image quality)
S3 Savage 4, Savage 2000 (particularly bad, these cards hang)
An explanation of why these cards are not capable of producing good quality images in Project64.

You may find that Project64 usable on a lower-specification system than described here, particularly with some games and careful configuration. If so then enjoy, but please don't expect too much.

Muka3D

Metroid Prime
NVash said:
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
During cutscenes my FPS is between 12 and 40 (But stays around late 20's, early 30's), also has slowdown, really choppy in voice overs and music. But besides the choppiness, it works perfectly.
By slowdown I mean choppiness really, for music and voices.

lol... I don't remember any voices in Zelda: OoT, unless you mean zelda's little giggles and Ganon's horse neighing...

Lizard Blade

What about Link's sword-swinging and Navi's "Hey, listen!"?
But really, that computer isn't up to snuff for N64 emulation. Sorry to tell you that man, but you might be more successful with 1964.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I suggest, that for gfx plugin, you use Glide64 + eVoodoo. There's not much to do 'bout cbfd, though, as it doesn't work in glide64. Try using jabo's 1.4 plugin and checking "change blending if invalid" (see manual).

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Conker's Bad Fur Day

I discovered that Conker's Bad Fur Day *requires*
counter factor 3. Changing the counter factor to 3
will stop those notorious slow downs.

Slougi

Re: Conker's Bad Fur Day

RJARRRPCGP said:
I discovered that Conker's Bad Fur Day *requires*
counter factor 3. Changing the counter factor to 3
will stop those notorious slow downs.