What's new

Snowboard Kids Graphics prob

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Hey there. When i try to play pj64 and snowboard kids, on multiplayer, everything goes fine until i try to actually play a a race. You can see the screen, and its running at about 60 fps, but the screen keeps flashing on and off continuosuously. Has anyone else encountered this? Or knows how to fix it?

Here's a sample: the first is the game, then it goes black. Eveything is running fine, except for that it flashes about every half second:

(check bottom of post for pic)

Also, (completely different issue) when i go to full screen for snowbow kids, the sound cuts out, but only for that game. I know its minor, but id be great if i had it. Anyone?

Thanks a lot,
-Jimbot

returno

jimbot

Jimbot. Nice nick. I love replying to bots.

Please read the thread called

Sticky: FORUM RULES - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

The info was assembled by our much-missed Smiff, under pain of torture. So it is worth reading.

Items to watch out for:

1) what to post about your system
2) what to post about your rom (use goodn64 or die nobly trying)
3) the forum search feature is at the bottom of the main pj64 forum page - 99.999999% of all questions have been answered.

Bonus info: I've played this game far too often and it works great! Of course it does - the ROM browser would tell you if it had some kind of major incompatibility.

Have fun!

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
hey returno, how bout you try to actually help some people instead of replying to everyones post with the same crap---"read the post!!!" I have checked all the other posts about this topic, and they dont work. What you are doing is being an ass too anyone who tries to post. What are you, Smiff's towel boy? At least try to offer some UNIQUE help to UNIQUE visitors.

I forgot my specs last time: here they are:

----Graphics: Dell P792 on NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
----RAM:256
----1.79 GHz

Of course i am using all the Jabos plugins.

I already tried turning Force Depht Enable on, but i dont know where to activate D3D ClearMode One per Frame.

-Thanks a lot,
-Jimbot

Last edited:
OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
oh
ok

for future reference:
with pj64 1.5, go to settings>options>and make advanced settings appear. Then go to configure graphics plugin>rom settings>D3D clear mode to one per frame.

-thats it

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Snowboard Kids 1 multiplayer split-screen flickering problem resolved!!!

Jimbot said:
oh
ok

for future reference:
with pj64 1.5, go to settings>options>and make advanced settings appear. Then go to configure graphics plugin>rom settings>D3D clear mode to one per frame.

-thats it

Oops, you mean "Only per frame", *not* "One per frame".
Yes, with the emulate buffer clear option, "Only per frame",
all flickering is gone!!! Horray!!!:D

Before, I thought it was a problem that there was nothing
you can do about.

Smiff, this means you need to add the emulate buffer clearing
method, "Only per frame" to the latest RDB for
Snowboard Kids 1.

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Note: You have to be running snowboard kids to do this or the rom settings will be greyed out(you cant edit them)

And you're right, RJARRRPCGP. Should be "only"

GuestX

btw.. Jimbot, why do you use Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40?
there is Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5, afaik it supports some camspy.

but you don't need it for it :)

Last edited: