What's new

A list of system requirments

I've created a list of system requirments from N64 games. I haven't add all the roms I have, only the roms which I have played a few times and which worked correctly.

Comments? Post here.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
mightyrocket said:
I've created a list of system requirments from N64 games. I haven't add all the roms I have, only the roms which I have played a few times and which worked correctly.

Comments? Post here.

1. You should use excel to create a database.
2. I see 2 columns what are those? mim system & rec. system specs?

anywayz i will pm you soon

Clements

Might want to add video cards to that list...
Something like minimum integrated 8Meg for SM64, recommended 16MB ATI/GeForce card.

Also, I recommend 1.0-1.2GHz for PD, as Goldeneye runs faster than PD, otherwise there would be slowdowns all over the shop.

Mystical Ninja needs 2GHz or greater! :)

Lizard Blade

I'd just like to say even the minimum ram is a bit high, because I can run basically every game on that list at full speed, and most of them at about double speed by pressing f6,and I only have 128mb of ram. 1.5ghz P4 and 32mb GeForce2 though. Mediocre card and processor, crappy ram and perfect emulation :1964:

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
Lizard Blade said:
I'd just like to say even the minimum ram is a bit high, because I can run basically every game on that list at full speed, and most of them at about double speed by pressing f6,and I only have 128mb of ram. 1.5ghz P4 and 32mb GeForce2 though. Mediocre card and processor, crappy ram and perfect emulation :1964:

But I think if you have the minimal requirments and the minimal ram, you'll play a lot slower than with a bit more ram, but with your CPU, you don't need lots of ram for emulation of the smaller games. Try Conker's bad fur day and check or this one still is emulated perfect. :satisfied

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
1. You should use excel to create a database.

Okay, I think I still am working in Word, but I'm thinking to make it an Excel database, probably the next version of this list.

Things to change in the Next version (1.1):

- An Excel-database instead of word.
- Add a video-list for Glide64 too.

Things to add in a future release:

- Recommended plugin for the game.

Check out my new thread at the suggestions-board

By the way, here's a new version (1.0b).

- Added recommended video memory with Jabo's plugin (still need more testers).

Last edited: