What's new

glNintendo64 port to linux???

piccolo17486

Iam not a coder or something like that, just want to ask if its possible to do this, because its based on opengl. It is a nice and fast plugin (on my pc) and the new version 3.1 (or so) works great with most games.

So is it possible to make a linux or macOS port of it.

Ok BYe

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
I believe that if the D3D part was cut and we just used the OpenGL1.4 it would convert over fine.

I'd actually have to grab the source and take a lookie but Orkin seems to know his stuff so it probably wouldn't be a huge horrid job to convert it over.

Slougi

blight said:
1) i only know a little asm
2) microsoft's assembler uses intel syntax, the GNU assembler however wants AT&T syntax - it's not easy to translate for someone as unexperienced with asm as i am

most asm functions are declared "inline" and are in a header file - for some reason gcc seems to ignore the inline statement so the only way to get these inlined is using defines or make gcc do it (-finline-functions) (or is there some other way?)

also at some places there are pointers to inline functions which usually isn't possible but my guess is that micro$ofts bitchy compiler just puts a non-inline version somewhere for the pointers - i hate programs which think they know better than you do

there would be the possibility to compile the inline intel syntax asm with intel's c++ compiler, then load the file in gcc and disassemble to AT&T syntax.
it would also be possible to put the functions inside an assembler file and compile that with nasm but then again inlining is lost i think

i tried to find C versions for most asm functions from tr64gl or translate them myself but it's like 20 functions and i don't know where the problem is - if i knew these functions were ok i could try to find the bug
Why not use the intel compiler for all of it?