What's new

OoT - Audio problem, help!

xix

In OoT, some music and sound plays normally (like in the actual n64 game) but some music and sounds is just messed up. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I have XP, 64mb video ram geforce 2, 2.8ghz p4

Thanks.

OP
X

xix

The introduction (where link is riding on the horse) music seems like it sometimes stalls and is a little scratchy. When I press enter to start a new game, the start sound stalls a little and same thing when I type in my name. The music at link's house is perfect, but once go outside it stalls a little. The fairy music theme also stalls a little. The music and sounds in introduction to the game (when the bridge opens and the knights comes out) stall a lot, too. I'm sure other music will be the same once I get there.

I used both Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 and Zilmar's Audio plugin and some others, but they all sound exactly alike. If you have a good plugin, then plz send it!

[email protected]

Last edited:

Clements

Then try the 'send audio lists to Audio Plugin' under the RSP plugin menu with Jabo's DirectSound.

OP
X

xix

Where is the 'send audio lists to Audio plugin'? Whats the RSP Plugin menu?

OP
X

xix

The 'send to plugin' checkbox fixed it. Although the sound isn't perfect, its much better.

Thanks.

Allnatural

Er, Jabo's plugin doesn't support HLE, so you should not send audio lists to the plugin. If you hear any sound at all it will generally be very bad. I can only surmise that you (xix) are actually using Azimer's HLE plugin.

Clements

That means you can switch to Jabos DirectSound and see if there is improvement over Azimers Plugin. I prefer Jabos, as Azimers gives me trouble.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You must uncheck this setting if you're using jabo's plugin. If you don't, you'll get horrible sound.