What's new

Unable to allocate memory

Jeff59

I've a problem, when i launch project 64 there's an message error : Unable to allocate memory:

There's my system:
Operating system : WinXP Home version
CPU : Pentium IV 2400 Mhz
Ram : 512 Mb
Graphics card : GeFOrce4 44O (64Mb) driver: nv4_disp.dll
Project64 V 1.5

There's someone who can help me?

Sorry for the errors, I'm french
:blush:

Jeff59

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There is no concrete solution; use the search function of the board and maybe you'll find a solution.

OP
J

Jeff59

I don't now what's the board... The board of PJ64?? Because i can't launch PJ64 at all... The problem is before...

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Re: Looks like a virtual memory problem

RJARRRPCGP said:
Please check your pagefile size.

You know what? I'm sick of this bug.

He has 512 bloody MB physical RAM, there's no reason he should have a problem with memory. This is really ridiculous.

It's at least clear to me that there must be some kind of critical flaw in how Project64 1.5 initialises under WinXP. :\

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
Well, under some systems (like mine), there is no such problem. It's rather odd.

Well you have a totally ridiculous 1GB of RAM.

If you don't do anything memory-intensive along the lines of video editing I'm going to slap you for being so wasteful. ;) :*

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
Tagrineth said:

If you don't do anything memory-intensive along the lines of video editing I'm going to slap you for being so wasteful. ;) :*

I never had the problem when i had a weak 128MB ram and a K6-2 running WinXP. :p

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Tagrineth said:

THAT was a mistake :p
I had 512 mb ram before and it worked alright.
I had to order some ddr ram because it was so cheap, then i upgraded my computer with my dad's (another 512 mb ddr ram :p), and since it costed to return it when there was no error, i thought:
What the hell?! Why not just keep it then!
So there! :D

Slougi

This used to be a problem with ATI cards and WinXP. Try running it in Windows 98 compat. mode, it may help.

Slougi

Doomulation said:
It isn't that issue... :plain: but it might help if you try it. So why not?
Doomulation, if you have nothing to add to a thread, do not post. I did notice that he has an nvidia card.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Slougi said:
This used to be a problem with ATI cards and WinXP. Try running it in Windows 98 compat. mode, it may help.

Had the problem even before getting my Radeon (had a Kyro II previously). Try again.

Compatibility modes do squat.

And my page file is set to 384~448MB (min/max)... and 256MB physical.

I really think 1.5 needs some kind of respin to figure out (and hopefully fix) what's causing the error...

Clements

My cousin had this error on his PC when playing larger games. Then I realised he had 140MB left on his C drive! I uninstalled a program and deleted a few things and the problem disappeared! This must be due to the pagefile shrinking as more stuff was being installed.