What's new

Can ye rip sfx from yer roms?

Mekanikles

One dodgy bugger...
Yo!

Is there anyway to "rip" a N64rom on music ( like the openSPC on SNES) or Sfx ( Like the s9xors also on SNES) to wave or mod/it files for usage in own remixes. (not MIDI, its sounds crap)

The reason i'm asking is that i think the music on KIGold is very cool and I want to use the sounds in my own music ( not for any commersial purposes of course)

And don't say "just use sounddumping in jabo's damnit!" co's I've used that and it's not what I'm looking for (it's hard to process 30Mb wave files in realtime)

i'd be happy for answers. :D

-Mekanikles

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Dump textures? Yes, you may use icepir's opengl plugin for that.
Rip music and sound? No. This isn't possible on the n64. However, you can directly record sound by using Total Recorder. With this, you can record sound directly outputted to the speakers. You can even compress to mp3 afterwards, or compress it directly as recording. This is the best solution to get your sound.

Note, however, that there's a limit on how much you can record in the shareware-version. If you don't wish to buy it, the next best option is to dump using a sound plugin.

It might be possible to extract music files from a N64-rom. I don't know how, but I have read a few months ago something about it. Maybe you have to search on the web.

Edit: You can search on google for n64 music and you'll find a lot of n64-rom mp3s!

Doomulation

mightyrocket said:
It might be possible to extract music files from a N64-rom. I don't know how, but I have read a few months ago something about it. Maybe you have to search on the web.

Edit: You can search on google for n64 music and you'll find a lot of n64-rom mp3s!
No, it isn't possible. The n64 uses own software to do the sound. The snes used a chip in the console to do the sound.

apexad

I've switched to mac, and thus cannot confirm this, however, I belive that Nemu64 has an option in the sound plugin to record the sound to wave files, so try that.

Doomulation

apexad said:
I've switched to mac, and thus cannot confirm this, however, I belive that Nemu64 has an option in the sound plugin to record the sound to wave files, so try that.
As can azimer's plugin i think. Although it does record to wav, to beware.

5t4663r

Um, sound you can do, but it's just a command-line interface and not tremendously compatible. AFAIK. It might do some music. Damn! I can't find the file. But I swear I'm not going mad. Try a search on Google for N64 sound ripper and you might turn it up. I just gave up on it because I'm not good with DOS command line stuff and it didn't seem to work with many things I was interested in. Dumps SM64 sounds though. :)

Edit: Got it. N64 Sound Bank ripper. Search for N64 sound ripper and you'll get it. I don't know what sites are working that host it though. I hope that helps someone. :)

OP
Mekanikles

Mekanikles

One dodgy bugger...
Wow!, This was an amazing tool (snd bank ripper) thanx!

Still a little bit sad over the quality though :doh:
(if one raises the sampling rate, the speed of the wave will be altered)

Darth Killer

But who may I be ???
Hi everybody ^^

I just tried snd bank ripper but don't understand how to make it work.
Though it says it couldn't find .ctl