What's new

Corrupt save voor Zelda OoT

JayVee

Hey there.

I got a corrupt save game. Yes, I've read the FAQ. (<- sorry about those caps... :) )
This one is special though.

The problem is: I didn't backup any savegames, since it always worked and I didn't read the FAQ until now.

Anyway... This is what happened:
I was just playing (spirit temple, almost finished!!!) and saved with F5. Then I died (good thing I saved!) and when I tried to load my savegame, my computer restarted. Now that wasn't the first time that happened, so I didn't worry.
But when it still doesn't work.

I load the ROM, the intro starts. Then I use CTRL-L to open the "open save game dialog" then I double click on my savegame. Then PJ64 continues playing the intro. Nothing happens, not even screwed up graphics or lock ups.

As I already said, I did save and my computer crashed and restarted when I first tried to load that savegame.

I don't think system specs are important, but when somebody thinks it might be helpful, I can give them of course.
Oh, I was playing with PJ64 1.5b1, just downloaded 1.5 final and got the same problem.

If you want to download my savegame, use this link:
http://home.student.utwente.nl/j.versteeg/p1x0rz/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj.zip

There aren't any cheats that will make me able to play from the Temple of Spirits right? The only cheat I could find was "Have ALL quests / items"...

Thanx in advance!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hrm...I don't know but there should be a cheat to make you adult at first. There are some issues, but you could change a cheat to give you all medallions but the spirit one. You wouldn't have the treasures, though.

You could try to replay it in the meantime, it doesn't take so long when you already cleared it once :)

OP
J

JayVee

Thx for the reply.

The last backup I made is before the Fire Temple. So I gotta lot to do. Does anyone have a savegame after that? Pleeeaazzeee!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Post in english! If you help someone who don't understand english well, then also post a translation.

OP
J

JayVee

I do understand dutch! 8 )

Been playing all day with a very nice walkthrough by Bedman.

So... I don't need the savegame anymore.

To anybody who reads this topic:

! - Save often and backup your savegames - !

Thx anyway!