What's new

Games without glitches and full speed..

Alkahol!K

sup? :p I havent tried n64 emulation in a long time.. and i just bought a TV and hooked it up to my computer.. I was wondering how many games work flawlessy cause i might go out and buy some pc gamepads (with analogue stick etc...) just for this :)

my pc specs: p4 2 ghz,Geforce 4 mx460, 512mb ram

Smiff

Emutalk Member
zero. no games at all will work flawlessly. However, in a large proportion the average person (without access to a backup unit and some understanding of emulator internals) won't recognise the flaws, and a large number of the remaining are still fully playable. So you will get many different answers depending on an individual's standards. If you are a perfectionist/unusually fussy, i suggest buying a real n64 system. Actually, i suggest buying a real system anyway, so you aren't being immoral. Over 80% of games work well out of the box, the problem is when someone wants to play e.g. Resident Evil 2, Pokemon Puzzle League and Hey You Pikachu, for example (which seems to happen quite often?). So look at the games you want in the ROM Browser, note the Status (colour) and decide for yourself if it's worth investing further in this.

As for the second part of your question, speed, that's a matter for the host system - your system ought to be able to run everything at or above full speed i think.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
He's right, no games are perfect with emulation, but a lot are certainly playable and enjoyable. I would highly recomend a gamepad to make it more enjoyable though, I have 3, including the PSX/N64 USB Adaptor+N64 Control which makes N64 gaming great. Plus, if you emulate any other systems, (I.E. NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.) it should be all the more fun with a gamepad.:D

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Diddy kong racing will sure fool you into thing it is emulated 100% ;D (assuming you are using an nvidia card and jabo's 1.4 plugin)

Rimmer

"Know you enemy"
Speaking about speed, is it true that you can get a more stable framerate in Perfect Dark when emulating than the original?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Rimmer said:
Speaking about speed, is it true that you can get a more stable framerate in Perfect Dark when emulating than the original?
Nope.
Slowdown on real system = slowdown on emulator.
No way around it, unless you disable the speed limit. But then it may go too fast.

Now, I think with 1964 you can frick with the counter-factor and the speed will change too, so you can play at a better/worse frame-rate.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That's core timing. It affects the games in general at any point. It isn't recommended to mess with. The normal CF is 1.

Geoz

De Master
i know its not recommended but i use it 2 slow down smash bros. cos it just goes crazy...the match is over before it started so i am glad that i can use it 2 half the speed:)