What's new

Question...

Monkey_Bump

Ok, I have had some problems running some games. I looked into this online, and found out that I should be using Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-Aliasing.

So I went and tried to activate them, but it will not let me. It may be because of my graphics card, which isn't very good, but I was just wondering if there could be another problem.

Thanks to anyone who can provide answers.

Trotterwatch

Some questions:

1. What games are you having problems with?
  2. What graphics card do you have?
    [/list=1]

I can't think of a single game that can be fixed by enabling filtering of any kind.

OP
M

Monkey_Bump

Ah, the games are working, but so many things are either colorless or transparent.

So far I have tried: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Kirby: The Crystal Shards. (Or whatever that last one is called.)

My graphics card is an S3 ProSavage8, I just got this computer, so it is quite unupgraded. My old one has a better graphics card, but I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to run anything without upgrading the graphics card on this one yet. Well at least run it well. I was fine at first, but it is really bothering me now.

Trotterwatch

k, that card can't do Antialiasing or Anisiotropic filtering at all.

The best bet for games would be to try, Glide64 + Evoodoo.

Remember to put Glide64 in the plugins folder, and Evoodoo in the PJ64 main folder.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
It has been proven that 1964 runs faster on slower machines, so try to use that instead of pj64. Use gilde 64 in conjunction with 1964 will probably give you a few frames per second gains -- which will make your game more playable.

The best solution is ofcource -- get a new pc :)

OP
M

Monkey_Bump

Ah the graphics seem to be well, but now I have some sound lag.

My computer tis not old. It has an Athlon 2200+ processor. And I'm getting about 60 frames per second, it is just the sound.

Anywho, what can be done about that?