What's new

Auto Configuration?

PaulN

I tried looking/seraching for this but I am not really sure what I am looking for so let me explain what I would like to see and whether or not this is possible.

Like many of you, I use many different Video and Sound plug in s to get the best results depending on which game I play. I have started righting it all down but it gets old changing plu ins and settings when I fire up a game that requires a different plug in or setting.

The question is, is there some way to automatically load pre-specified plugins and related settings on a per game basis?

Thanks.

Allnatural

Plugins - No.

Settings - The most important are already stored in the rdb.

Other settings - No.

OP
P

PaulN

Allnatural said:
Plugins - No.

Settings - The most important are already stored in the rdb.

Other settings - No.

Hmm, the rdb doesn't automatically set the plug in and associated settings depending on which game you load, unles I am missing something.

Heres what I think I want:

I load Zelda, and I have Jabos Plug In as the currecnt plug in. However, on my system Glide 64 and say for instance Azimers runs Zelda better. I want something to automatically load my preferred everytime I load a game. Which plugin(s) I prefer, and the settinsg I like for that game. Can something like that be made, if its not already available?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
No the necessary command line support doesn't exist. You could just about do it with some sort of Macros but that would be ugly and unreliable.

How many games do people really play at once? If you wanted to set up the emulator for another person to use with nothing to do i can sort of see the need...

OP
P

PaulN

Smiff, I don't think its a matter of how many games you play at once, but rather just being able to do it. Simplicity, and ease of use, just like the console is what I am thinking. When we plug the actual game into the console we don't have to tinker with anything, it just plays. Thats what I would like to do, figure my optimal settings once. Input it into the game specific setting remember plug in thingy :) once and forget about it from then on. Just play my games.

Thanks for your answer, it seems as though it can't currently be done. Maybe someone will create a plug in eventually to do so. That would be pretty helpful for me at least.

Allnatural

You don't need a new plugin. Like I said, the pertinent, per-game settings (for the core and Jabo's plugins) are maintained in the rdb. What you need is a frontend, but none exist, and to my knowledge none are being written.

Allnatural

ShadowPrince said:
How frontend will help if there are no command line support ?
Am i miss something ?
Ok, if you need command-line support for a frontend to work, then I should have said "What you need is a frontend and command-line support..." :)

ShadowPrince

OR you can store plugin name in the rdb exactly like other
settings,and handle this in the emu ,with minor source modifications . The Pj64 gui is a very advanced Front End itself :).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Unfortunaly, it would require the use of the old pj 1.4 source since it is the only source released.
You'll just have to live with it...