What's new

Can you quit P64 with ESC??

Nexzus

Is there anyway to assign the ESC key to quit Project64.

I have an arcade cab with Mame, Visual Boy Advance and ZSNES and they can all quit with the ESC key. I need an N64 emulator that I can quit that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
-Nexzus

returno

interesting

That is got to be close to the most unusual 'critical feature requirement' ever. It's in the same league as the dude who wanted the emulator to run slower. I guess he was from the future and had one of those 100 Teraherz Pentium XXXVIs.

I'll bet there is shareware that will allow you to map any key you want to any other set of keys you want. Go crazy!!

:w00t:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Nexzus said:
Is there anyway to assign the ESC key to quit Project64.

I have an arcade cab with Mame, Visual Boy Advance and ZSNES and they can all quit with the ESC key. I need an N64 emulator that I can quit that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
-Nexzus

1) When you say Quit do you mean to Close the exe ?
2) Or just to end emulation to go back to the Browser ?

1) Alt + F4 = Exe Closed
2) F12 returns you back to Browser

The Esc Key in PJ64 Takes you to Full Screen from Windowed
& Back to Windowed from Full.
And to be Honest i like the Esc Key Just as it is.
One Button (Esc) for Full\Window is better
then Alt + Enter (which Also does the same as the Esc)

Last edited:
OP
N

Nexzus

I didn't see the source for 1.5 only 1.4. I may take the source from 1.4 and do as suggested.

As for it being an unusual request...being able to configure keys for an emulator isn't that unusual. Mame quits with the ESC key, as does Visual Boy Advance and many other emus. And most have fully configurable keyboard inputs.

As a stand alone Windows app running on a typical PC, Alt+F4 or File...Exit makes complete sense. But many people, including myself run emus inside an arcade cabinet with the only readily availabe interface being joysticks and buttons. I have to open the coin door to pull the keyboard out. So the lack of a configurable quit key currently exludes Project64 from being able to work inside my cab.

ShadowPrince

Nexzus said:
I didn't see the source for 1.5 only 1.4. I may take the source from 1.4 and do as suggested.

As for it being an unusual request...being able to configure keys for an emulator isn't that unusual. Mame quits with the ESC key, as does Visual Boy Advance and many other emus. And most have fully configurable keyboard inputs.

As a stand alone Windows app running on a typical PC, Alt+F4 or File...Exit makes complete sense. But many people, including myself run emus inside an arcade cabinet with the only readily availabe interface being joysticks and buttons. I have to open the coin door to pull the keyboard out. So the lack of a configurable quit key currently exludes Project64 from being able to work inside my cab.

You can take 1.4,will work just fine with most of the games,excluding Banjo Tooie .
About configuring keys for Pj64, there are more input plugins for it,than arcade emulators alltogether :).
Just no one mapped 'exit from the program' function.
Anyway,it's only little change in resource file.