What's new

Which emulator to use

Boughton

I haven't been in the n64 emulation scene in a while, and I was wondering what's the best n64 emulator for a low-end system?

System Specs:

PII-400
Radeon 7000
192mb ram
windows 2k

Most of them ran horribly before. If they're still slow on low-end systems, how come nobody has come up with an extremely fast, efficient emulator like the old corn64? That thing runs full speed on my comp at 1280x1024. It's too bad it barely runs any games, I just used it for Mario 64 which worked flawlessly.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Boughton said:
I haven't been in the n64 emulation scene in a while, and I was wondering what's the best n64 emulator for a low-end system?

System Specs:

PII-400
Radeon 7000
192mb ram
windows 2k

Most of them ran horribly before. If they're still slow on low-end systems, how come nobody has come up with an extremely fast, efficient emulator like the old corn64? That thing runs full speed on my comp at 1280x1024. It's too bad it barely runs any games, I just used it for Mario 64 which worked flawlessly.

ahhh yes, what were people thinking not making super fast/efficient emulators? those dumbasses! (note the extreme use of sarcasm)

you're best stickin with corn or ultrahle... your system specs are too low for 1964 or pj64...

There won't be an emulator as fast as corn with more compatibility... no one has come up with one because they can't.

:D

tooie

Re: Re: Which emulator to use

Chibi Nick said:
ahhh yes, what were people thinking not making super fast/efficient emulators? those dumbasses! (note the extreme use of sarcasm)

you're best stickin with corn or ultrahle... your system specs are too low for 1964 or pj64...

There won't be an emulator as fast as corn with more compatibility... no one has come up with one because they can't.

:D

It is not cause they can't .. it is reward vs time .. the writers just do not have time to do it. there is a lot more needed things .. and especially most people have the hardware to cope. Why is it needed in general. Would you want to spend months writing something that is already basicly redundant ? When corn was wrtten it was a valid thing to do .. it also skiped things that makes the method easy to do, but makes getting high compatibliy hard to .. to live with both is an extreme amount of work.

Fast emulator? For this system there isn't much. You can try UltraHLE 2064 or probably 1964 with Jabo's video and Azimer's audio.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Re: Re: Re: Which emulator to use

tooie said:
It is not cause they can't .. it is reward vs time .. the writers just do not have time to do it. there is a lot more needed things .. and especially most people have the hardware to cope. Why is it needed in general. Would you want to spend months writing something that is already basicly redundant ? When corn was wrtten it was a valid thing to do .. it also skiped things that makes the method easy to do, but makes getting high compatibliy hard to .. to live with both is an extreme amount of work.
when I said can't, I was thinking about the time period during which it was created... I just kinda wrote it out wrong