What's new

Mario64 Text

coreno

I have just downloaded Nemu64 and 1964, and my brother downloaded Mario64, european version. The game runs great in both, buit also in both, text doesn't show up, which makes it really hard to play. (Just Finished Apollo!!!!) I've also tried diffrent gfx plugins in 1964 (can't figure out how to get them to work in nemu). Has anyone else had this problem or know how I might fix it?

OP
C

coreno

SORRY, but I could post it in the appropriate boards where they havn't seen a new post in a week or more! This board seems to be most active, so I figured that I should post here if I wanted my question answered before died.

Trotterwatch

If everyone took that attitude then their wouldn't be any postings in most of the forums. The fact of the matter is, if it relates to one Emulator, then you put it into that emulators forum. I would advise that you adjust that attitude, as users may not be quite so forgiving as me.

As it stands - the only reason this will not be removed is due to the fact that this error is due to the plugin rather than the Emulator.

To answer your question (because I am in a good mood), the (E) version of this Rom has a known issue with regards to the text (see Rom browser note). You can either download the (U) version which doesn't have this issue or, you can perhaps try an alternate plugin:

Glide64 + Evoodoo (if you don't have a 3DFX card) is a good place to start.

OP
C

coreno

I downloaded Project64 and Glide64, but I get an error when I go into settings:

"This application failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I click ok then get this:

Failed to load plugin: Glide64.dll

Where do I get glide3x.dll?

OP
C

coreno

Hm odd, I downloaded it, ut into the plugins folder, and it still says it can't find it!!!

OP
C

coreno

Ok, we're getting closer, now the errors went away. Now when I start Mario64, It says it can only be run in full screen mode, so I press Alt+Enter and it doesn't take my full screen, but the window does get bigger and the emulator shows a black screen with sound.

Gorxon

Administrator
Try this in Nemu64:

Go to Video Options, turn on or off (depending on it's previous status) Video Combiner, click ok. Then run mario, and you should be able to see the text. Hope it helps!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Do this:
Open up the eControl.exe that comes with eVoodoo and select "full screen" at the bottom. Then it should work :)