What's new

snes and gba/gbx?

E

emuguy

i know there are emus that allow u to play snes and gameboy games on the dreamcast, but are they worth it? what i mean is do they play full speed and have good gfx options like the super eagle sai? do they play in fullscreen at full speed? thanx

ps, oh and where can i find these emulators and instructions on how to use em?

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Emulation of SNES on Dreamcast is slow ( about 75% - 90% ) and you may forget 'bout SuperSai ( but the screen is smothen somehow ).

Dont know the name but do a search for : DreamSNES ( newest (?) : DreamSNES 0.9.8 )

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Out of all the emulators, DreamSNES is probably the best (and certainly the fastest since the 65c816 core has been rewritten in SH4 assembly).

The other two are NGine-Snes9x and Sintendo. Both of these are based on Snes9x (which means they are written in C which is SLOW on a Dreamcast).

As for Game Boy emulators, there are no Game Boy Advance emulators (and there may never be due to the sheer power of the GBA) but there are two Game Boy emulators.

Boob!boy was written by CyRUS64 (the author of Icarus) but hasn't been updated since 2000.

dcgnuboy is a much newer emulator with Game Boy Color support, sound support and full speed on most games. Definitly worth a try.