What's new

scanlines? is there a plugin for scanlines?

jopezu

the games would look better with them, yet i see no option for them. is it even possible to implement them??

zeox

yeah, why the hell do you want scanlines. Scanlines suck.
If you want a beeter picture try with FSAA.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Scanlines can help look TV-Out look better on SOME TV's...

And 25-50% Scanlines + Interpolation in ZSNES looks pretty good.

Other than that, though, they're kinda useless, and would SERIOUSLY burn fill rate in 3D...

zeox

maybe

maybe scanlines help but I think SNES games look better with the 2xSAI engine. I also use tv out.
And I always wanted a 2xSAI engine for NES emulators but...:)

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
Tagrineth said:
Other than that, though, they're kinda useless, and would SERIOUSLY burn fill rate in 3D...

I doubt that. Scanlines aren't a hard implementation and afaik dont take much power. Look at epsxe with scanlines. Like no performance hit.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
cooliscoo said:
I doubt that. Scanlines aren't a hard implementation and afaik dont take much power. Look at epsxe with scanlines. Like no performance hit.

I guess it depends on how you do it...

And I was really just talking about fill rate; I don't know exactly how the graphics core would handle a string of NULL flags during rendering... but it's probably done using a post filter of some kind. But oh well, what do I know, I know very little outside of BASIC...

whitewabbit

I think if scanlines are programmed well or whatever they can actualy improve performance after all they do blank out half the screen. I remember nfs on my old 133 having scanlines on gave me around 50 fps compared to the 20 i'd normaly get