What's new

speed freak...

Mr Soft

A while back I decided to download the latest version of PJ64 (was version 1.1)

It worked great, I had no problems with the few games I played on it, which were mainly Mario 64 and Ridge Racer 64.

Yesterday I decided to play these games again for the first time in...ooooh...about 6 months? I've been away, you see.

Guess what? Shit frame rates and choppy sound! Why?
I can't see that I've changed anything on my system since I last played these games...

So I d/led PJ46v1.5...

Same prob. Then the latest video drivers, but it made no difference. Today I installed Dx9 (replaced Dx7) and I wish I hadn't!

PJ64v1.5 says: 'no audio plugins are present' or something, and keeps crashing out with errors in Dsound.

Suggestions anyone? I've even tried other emulators, namely 1964 and nemu - but they are so slow, and like I say PJ64 worked fine b4...

Spec:

1Ghz Pentium III
128 Mb ram
Plenty of free hd space (~4Gb)
32Mb (GeForce II) video card
I'm using the default plugins for PJ64.

Thanks a lot, and congratulations on a great emu. :flowers:

GuestX

no, 1964 isn't slow->its faster than pj64. :-"
Did You Try Mupen64 ? Apollo ?
PJ64 needs higher compatabillity...

Re: specs...

Geoz said:
:plain: urrmm we need ur system specs!
Geoz:)

Small question: What does this mean? :

Posted by Mr soft:

1Ghz Pentium III
128 Mb ram
Plenty of free hd space (~4Gb)
32Mb (GeForce II) video card
I'm using the default plugins for PJ64.

If this aren't system specs, I'm the uncle of Donald Duck!

Mr Soft said:
A while back I decided to download the latest version of PJ64 (was version 1.1)

(...)

Same prob. Then the latest video drivers, but it made no difference. Today I installed Dx9 (replaced Dx7) and I wish I hadn't!

PJ64v1.5 says: 'no audio plugins are present' or something, and keeps crashing out with errors in Dsound.

Uninstall PJ64 (clicking the uninstall-file too!) and reinstall, and it does work faster too!

OP
M

Mr Soft

Uninstall PJ64 (clicking the uninstall-file too!)
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this part, but I clicked on all the .reg files in both versions of PJ64 and then re-installed v1.5

This has not solved the prob though :(

More info:

When playing Ridge Racer 64, fps is greater than 60 as intro sequence starts, with good sound. But...

As soon as the cars first appear and the 3D game engine is used (which i guess is when the emulator is first given a proper work out) the frame rate drops to 10fps and below.

So where does the problem lie?

Also: when PJ64 first starts, reports that audio plugin is missing or invalid. Only fix seems to be to select 'no audio'. Aaaargh!

bodie

when you uninstall pj64 make sure you uninstall the registry settings as well <<< quite important in this case

OP
M

Mr Soft

Done that, kid.

Cheers anyway, I thought this might have been a more widespread problem or I was missing sthing obvious. Ho hum!!

>_<