What's new

Thrustmaster Dual Power 2 USB & Rumble?

MarcDK

Hi there!

After some nice guy at this forum send me a savegame from Zelda - OoT I want MORE!

I played Zelda - Oot years ago witha Celeron 400 and a Voodoo Banshee from 3Dfx and a MS SideWinder ForceFeedback (!) [year, the joystick!]

Now, after 2 or 3 years I want to go back to Hyrule once more and my Problem is: How do I get my Thrustmaster Dual Power 2 Joypad to work with Project64 WITH rumble?

I have the Rumble-Version of Mario 64 and Zelda 5 + 6 but only Zelda rumbles for about 3 secs when the Title show up and nothing more in the game. I used the NRage_DInput8_V2 Plug-In and tried to configure it for rumble.

What settings do you have in the control panel? Please help me!

:pj64:

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Hi there, I had the same problem as you, until I updated my drivers. I think their site was http://www.thrustmaster.com/. When I downloaded and installed their drivers, it suddenly rumbled! :) WHat a shame that bad drivers caused this problem; I mean, I used my Dual Power 2 for half a year without rumbling >_< That's a bad thing Thrustmaster! Anyway, the controller does rock eh? Perfect for N64 emulation ^_^

P.S. After you installed the drivers, it's best to run MSConfig (Start, Run, Msconfig) and deselect the shit from Thrustmaster from the Startup tab. That way, their silly, useless program won't load. :happy:

OP
MarcDK

MarcDK

Thanx man! I'll try!

BTW: Nice avatar! Looks like real N64-Graphics :) From what game is it?

And: I always delete all entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run which are not nessesary. And the damn thrustmaster symbol for their stupid prog is in first place! :)

OP
MarcDK

MarcDK

Cool! I did my new one myself, too ;) It's so small because I did it once for another forum-avatar and in that forum you had to use only 20 kb.

Last edited:

Legend

I'm hoping someone can help myself with the same problem here cause I've tried EVERYTHING including updating my Thrustmaster drivers to 2.4. I have the same controller but I still can't get it rumbling with Project 64 (N-Rage 1.82). It does rumble in the N-rage rumble section whenever I hit a button, but not in any of my 50 some odd games( Star Fox , F-Zero, Zeldas). I've tried adjusting everything in that section but to no success. I'm also using DX9. Any more suggestions to this problem?:cry:

Thanks.

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Hmmm, mine sometimes doesn't rumble either, but I fixed this by opening the N-Rage config window while running a game and select Use and Save. Maybe there's something wrong with your rumble settings in N-Rage's plugin. You know, rumble strength, ramp force, etc. But it might be wise to first check if your drivers are installed properly. Just go to the Control Panel, then double click the gamepad icon, and check if the Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 2 (USB) is there. If so, click on Properties. You should see some sliders and buttons to test Force Feedback. If not, you'll have to install the driver again. Hope that helps you. It's a great gamepad, but the support and drivers are terrible <_< .

But shouldn't this thread be moved to TechTalk? Hasn't got much to do with PJ64.

Last edited: