What's new

Video Plugins

StarShade

After reviewing the rules to ensure this is not a banned subject, I would like to ask where I might be able to find alternative video plug-ins for Project64 (specifically one that would fix the flicker error in Paper Mario).

Thanks for any assistance.

:linux:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There is no real solution for the flicker on paper mario unless you have a voodoo card. Then go get glide64 (in my sig).

OP
S

StarShade

Found a minor fix

I found a minor fix that works better than the defaults, but still doesn't eliminate the problem entirely. In any event, if I move slowly enough the flicker will not appear... however it still occurs.

It is a nuisance.

pilm

THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR FLICKERING IN PAPER MARIO !

But just in an 1964 plugin :( In fact, just use the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 0.08 Rel.3 (maybe it works with other releases), and uncheck (or check ?) the "Smart Screen Update" option. It disable flickering on 1964. You can run the plugin under Pj64, and disable flickering too, but the plugin became VERY SLOW, I don't know why.
Maybe Jabo can ask to the autor of the plugin what is Smart Screen Update and correct this in his plugin... It will be great :)

OP
S

StarShade

I'll try that.

I'll try that method. My computer has a pentium 4, so it might not be that slow (but it might be anyway, we'll soon find out).