What's new

evoodoo cannot set display mode#@!%@!??

StonedConker

sorry for making a new thread about this(i posted also in the plugins problem but noone saw it)but others have the same problem with the D3D Xengine plugin.I also noticed that others with the same prob have Geforce as me.Can anyone help...?

GF4MX440,ATHLONXP1800.WIN98SE.....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Just curious, but does it happen when you first try or have you tried to go out of fullscreen and back?

OP
StonedConker

StonedConker

Doomulation said:
Just curious, but does it happen when you first try or have you tried to go out of fullscreen and back?

what do you mean,.,?i cannot set to fullscreen,but when i press the fullscreen key it mess up the colours but the screen not either trys to go fullscreen.What about the D3D problem?any solutions?

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
When do you see that error message? I only see it if I try to switch to window mode in D3D. Seems that the D3D doesn't work in window mode (yet).

BTW, it goes fullscreen automatically.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
After it goes to fullscreen, try press alt+tab to switch to windowed mode again. Is this where the problem happens or is it when it enters the fullscreen?

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
i also get the "eVoodoo cannot set display mode" error in D3D. It happens as soon as the rom is loaded, and I am unable to switch into/out of fullscreen because the crash happens instantly.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Win98 the culprit?

Well, i recently installed windows XP professional, and i no longer get that error! I noticed that StonedConker (above) and abb (this thread) also encountered this problem under Win98. I had suspected that it was an OS-related problem before, but was too lazy to test it =P

Here's the details (my full specs are in my sig):

Win98 on Celeron and Rage - error
Win98 on Celeron and Radeon - error
Win98 on Athlon and Rage - error
Win98 on Athlon and Radeon - error

WinXP on Athlon and Rage - works
WinXP on Athlon and Radeon - works

All tested under DX 8.1.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem in the D3D Xengine, could you please list your OS along with any relevant specs? Or if you have 98/some other non-XP OS and it DOES work, it would be quite helpful to know as well. Thanks.

Dominator

Well, looks like our plugin might have a problem with the ATi w98 drivers. The team members got several kind of cards but no ATi ones.
Thanks for your report.