What's new

Failed to allocate Memory Error

Geoz

De Master
<_< I am getting pretty off (pardon my French!) but now i cant get PJ64 open...i tyed reinstalling it but the samething happens...time & time again how do i fix it...any ideas
My specs
512mb ram
2.4 Ghz
Windowz XP
GeForce 4 Ti 4200

PS I work perfect before...:)
Help!

RJA

The PC Wiz
If the error happens and you can't even run Project64 exe:

If the error happens trying to open
Project64.exe and you can't even load
the exe:

Make sure your pagefile is set to at
*AT LEAST* 192 MB.

I only seen that error when you have no
pagefile or too small pagefile.

Last edited:
OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:plain: My pagefile is set to 770 and the maximum is 1536
any ideas now
Geoz cheers!
:)

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
i had the same problem. look for a process caled pljui or plgui (cant remember if its a g or j) and kill it. then try the program again.

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:plain: what do u mean is this a file i am looking for or option...do u know what directory it is in & by killing it u mean deleting it right?
Hope this works cause it will make a very mery Xmas:holiday:

nycbeatatl

you have windows xp so use control alt delete and the windows task manager will come up. Click on processes and search for plgui or plgui and click on it then click end process. Windows will ask you if your sure or not.. i said yes and then project 64 worked.

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:plain: The only thing that comes up is project64.exe no plgui or plgui... i cant even start the exe file just this stupid error cums up and it annyoning me!

nycbeatatl

the process is either plgui or pljui, im not sure which anyway it solved my problem i think it will help you, i did this without project 64 being open, if you have closed project 64 and the project64.exe process is still there, than you should end it the way i mentioned above, then it should work

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
Thanx anyway the PJ64 exe goes when i close PJ64 and no such Files apear in prossess pljui or plgui anyway when pj is open or closed...
:blush: not a too happy xmas for me then...

nycbeatatl

Hey, its me again. The error happened to me again. I fixed it, and ill give you a good thorough way to do it.
1. Click CTRL-ALT-DELETE
2. Windows Task Manager will come up.
3. Click on "Processes" in the Windows Task Manager
4. Scroll for a process titled Plguni.exe
5. Click on the process, then click "End Process"
6. Click "Yes"
7. Project 64 should work now.

If this does not fix your problem, I'm sorry, but you can still use 1964 with Jabu's plugins. Merry Christmas!

NYCBeatATL
Windows XP Home Edition SP1
AMD Athlon 1.3 ghz
384 MB RAM (100 mhz)
40 GB HD
ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64 MB DDR (running CATALYST v1.5 drivers)
501 mb Windows page file