What's new

super smash bros speed

niccab

hi i'm new here:
i have problems with super smash bros, the speed is low but the graphic quality is good:cry:
i don't know what to do, but if you know i'll give this information
i have a voodoo 4, directx 8.1 installed, 400 Mhz and 128 Mbytes in RAM memory
Please anyone help me with this
thanks

Trotterwatch

A 400mhz Processor isn't really fast enough to run the majority of N64 games properly. Maybe someone will give you some tips on how to get that game to run a little faster - but I doubt you'll ever be able to play it full speed using 1964/PJ64 in combination with your CPU.

Disabling sound will gain you a few FPS though, so try that.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
You could try the latest beta driver at 3dhq if you think video is limiting your performance.

But unfortunately it probably isn't... 400MHz is just plain too slow to cut it in most games.

Sound off should boost frame rate a good deal...

As should adding RAM... but that costs money which most people don't have. :(

You CAN help your frame rate a little bit by using the GLide64 video plugin, that'll offload the video computation a decent bit... but it probably won't help too much. :(

OP
N

niccab

huh?

the version 0.8.5 doesn't have it. the ones it has are: Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.8 Rel. 3, and 1964Open GL Graphics build 4.5.0.:plain:

gokuss4

Meh...
yes everyone knows that. azimers sound plugin is fast, so maybe you could use that sound plugin instead of the default lle plugin. ssb might get a little faster